Acapulco Journals

Weekend in Acapulco

A September 2005 trip to Acapulco by Annika1

Quote: A weekend trip to Acapulco with friends from Mexico City

Raintree Vacation Club Villa Vera Acapulco

Hotel | "Villa Vera Hotel & Racquet Club"

Best Things Nearby:Beach, shopping, restaurants, and nightlifeBest Things About the Resort:The best thing about the resort was the pool. We ate breakfast at the swim-up bar and sunbathed all day. Because the resort is built on a hillside, the pool offers a spectacular view of the bay.Resort Experience:The resort is built on a hillside, so some of the units require quite a hike from check-in. My unit was at the top of the resort. I was, however, shuttled with my bags to my room. My unit was for two, so there was plenty of space, as I was alone in the unit. The units for three are much better, as they have a private balcony with a private po...Read More

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on October 12, 2005

Raintree Vacation Club Villa Vera Acapulco
35 Lomas Del Mar
Acapulco, Mexico 39690
(744) 109 05 70

Zorrito

Restaurant | "El Zorrito"

We walked into EL Zorrito right off the street. The staff was very friendly and the food was great. I could not have expected more for the price of my meal. We ate and drank well for no more than $15 per person.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on October 12, 2005

Zorrito
Avenida Costera Miguel Alemán, 186
Acapulco, Mexico 39670
+52 74 485 3735

Palladium Nightclub

Attraction | "Palladium"

When I told friends from Mexico City that I was going to Acapulco, everyone told me that I could not go without going to the Palladium. We had a lot of fun. The women pay less of a cover charge than the men, and it allows you to an open bar all evening. We went, danced, and enjoyed the music until the wee hours. It was not, however, my favorite night spot in Acapulco.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on October 12, 2005

Palladium Nightclub
Escénica Las Brisas, Playa Guitarrón
Acapulco, Guerrero 39880
744/446-5490

Acapulco Beach

Attraction | "Beach"

To be honest, I am not a huge fan of going to the beach. I much prefer to lounge at the resort pool when I am on vacation. The beach in Acapulco was fine, but it was not the nicest I have ever seen. It was very crowded, even though we were there a bit off-season. The water and the sand is also not as pretty as I have seen in other places, such as Cozumel or Belize.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on October 12, 2005