Wildwood Journals

A Wonderful Week in Wildwood

An August 2005 trip to Wildwood by MalervyC

Quote: Growing up in Philadelphia, my family always went "down da shore" in the summer. The beach, the boardwalk, the gull poop... ahh, the signs of summer! This is a journal of my most recent trip.

Cardinal Motel

Hotel | "The Cardinal"

The Cardinal has been in Wildwood for a long time. Its perfect spot on the corner of 23rd and Atlantic Avenue makes it close enough to walk the 2 blocks to the beach, but far enough to drown out the noise of the boardwalk. I stayed in a standard room with my cousin, aunt, and uncle. There were two double beds, a TV, a bathroom, and a fridge. As hotels go in Wildwood, this is one of the best. It has a big pool and perfect sun spots, plus it is on Atlantic Avenue, where there are always people-watching opportunities. A few complaints: The week we were down just so happened to be very cool, in the mid-80s. The days before we arrived, our family told us that the air-conditioning broke in the 97°F ...Read More

Cardinal Motel
23rd & Atlantic Ave.
Wildwood, New Jersey
522-4078

I love Juan Pablo's. This is my second-favorite margarita bar, behind Margaritaville, of course! My cousin and I went here for a quick bite to eat before heading out for some bar-hopping. The quesadillas are spectacular! The margaritas are fantastic! My favorites are the watermelon-rita and the Jimmy Buffet. Plus, there are flat-screen TVs in the bathroom, and I've never seen that before. I love the decor in this place, plus there are tables outside so you can people-watch up and down on Pacific Avenue at night.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on September 22, 2005

Juan Pablo's Margarita Bar
3801 Pacific Ave.
Wildwood, New Jersey 08260

4-hour fishing trip

I haven't fished in, ohhhh, 15 years! I had a blast. The captain and crew were very nice, even when I tangled seven other lines!!

Cape May Lighthouse

I realized how out of shape I was when I was up the first flight. My reward came 15 minutes later when I reached the top. The lighthouse is old, but it's in excellent condition thanks to the $5 charge for admission. You get a bird's eye view of Cape May, NJ, and the beautiful Atlantic Ocean. Also, there is an ocean museum for kids to see what sea creatures look like.

Cape May Lighthouse