San Diego Journals

Birthday Trip to San Diego

An August 2005 trip to San Diego by annylee80

Quote: I checked out a few hot spots.

Shopping

Attraction | "Local Shopping"

There were so many stores along the street, with clothes selling for cheap prices. The stores were eclectic. Girls, you will love to check this place out. You'll find clothes that are rare finds.

Plus, it's just down from shore, where you can go tanning, biking, roller-blading, whatever.

Shopping
Garnet Avenue in Pacific Beach
San Diego, California

Pacific Beach Bar & Grill

Attraction | "Pacific Beach Bar & Grill"

Fun! There are lots of good-looking people and drinks are moderately priced. The people are nice. Ooh, and it's also pretty trendy. Try the food before the nightlife happens. They have a veggie platter! I don't know of any place that sells a veggie platter. There are also billiards and sports games on the TV, and the patio seating is really nice. There is also a fountain on the patio. I would recommend getting there a little early, as it gets crowded.

Pacific Beach Bar & Grill
860 Garnet Ave.
San Diego, California 92109

Gaslamp Quarter

Attraction | "Visiting the Gaslamp District"

Wow! It's really happening here. There are lots of dressed-up people. I would recommend getting to a bar early to get drunk. It gets crowded in the bars. We went to one local bar called E Street Alley. It was CROWDED and stuffy. We were sweating like crazy! Sweat was dripping off our faces... no circulation. People are not too good-looking here. But the drinks were cheap because we got these V.I.P. bracelets that get us a couple bucks off the drink prices. We also liked the fact that we could have sushi! Cuz you know how alcohol makes you hungry! Woo! The smoking patio is nonexistent. It's outside the building. You exit and have to enter back through the front door. Good part? It's open till 4am. So, ...Read More

Gaslamp Quarter