Myrtle Beach Journals

Weekend in North Carolina/Myrtle Beach

A September 2005 trip to Myrtle Beach by Ehlena99

Quote: Over Labor Day weekend, I went shopping with a friend in Myrtle Beach.

Weekend in North Carolina/Myrtle Beach

Myrtle Beach has great outlet shopping and restaurants. We had fun walking around the stores, even if you are not shopping. Broadway at the Beach was the highlight, with it's specialty shops and small stores offering one of a kind items.

Several of the outlet malls offer coupons with a AAA member card.

A car is definitely the best way that I know of to get around. I'm sure there's public transportation, but I’m not sure how reliable it is.

Tanger Outlet Center

Attraction | "Tanger Outlet"

There are two Tanger Outlets in the Myrtle Beach area. Both are worth the time, but the second one I visited was very well set up. It was outside, but had skylight covers and seemed great for bad-weather shopping. Shops included Old Navy, Levi/Wrangler, and many other brand-name outlets. Both of the shops had the same stores, with a few exceptions, but all in all the second that I visited was the best.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on September 8, 2005

Tanger Outlet Center
10835 Kings Road
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

The Beach

Story/Tip

I lucked out on my first time to Myrtle Beach. I chose Labor Day weekend to visit a friend about an hour away, but surprisingly there was a very small crowd at the beach. I know that on a normal weekend--especially Labor Day--it would normally be much more crowded, but I arrived the weekend that gas prices rose to over $3.09 per gallon. The beach was very nice and relatively clean. The water was warm, and it was very relaxing just walking around on the beach. I will say that it is rather commercialized, with an ocean in front and rows of multi-story hotels behind, but the feel of the ocean is still there. If you are looking for places to relax away from it all Myrtle Beach is not the place. But i...Read More

About the Writer