Tokyo Journals

Tokyo: I Went Because of a Movie

An August 2005 trip to Tokyo by Pat travel

Quote: I went because of the movie Lost in Translation while on my way home from China.

Tokyo: I Went Because of a Movie

I would definitely have a drink in the Park Hyatt Hotel and visit the Shibuya shopping area. There are probably lots of other great hidden areas in the city, but these are what I hit in a day and a half.

Take the subway it is cheaper than a taxi. Go to a local bar that seems relaxing. Meet some of the locals, and they will tell you about anything in the world. It is a good way to meet friends.

Subway

Crowne Plaza Metropolitan

Hotel | "Crown Plaza Metropolitan"

It was a nice hotel, but you had to take the subway to more shopping. The room was real nice and had a good view of the area. It was a really close walk to the subway station and some bars and restaurants.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on August 22, 2005

Crowne Plaza Metropolitan
1-6-1 NISHI IKEBUKURO
Tokyo, Japan 171-8505
81-3-3980-1111

Peak Lounge

This was not the bar that Lost in Translation features. It was very nice, quiet, and relaxing. The view of Tokyo, espically at night, was amazing. You can't go to Tokyo without visiting the Park Hyatt.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on August 22, 2005

Peak Lounge
Park Hyatt Hotel
Tokyo, Japan

Shibuya Shopping

Attraction | "Shopping in Shibuya"

It was really crowded, and I went on a Thursday in mid-afternoon. I think anyone who goes to Tokyo should go. They have everything from music to cameras.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on August 22, 2005