Oahu Journals

A January 1999 trip to Oahu by Davis

Quote: My first trip to O'ahu.

Oahu, Hawaii

On my first trip to Hawaii I knew that to make it memorable I would have to visit O'ahu. Out of respect for all who serve their country my first site would be a visit to Pearl Harbor. A tour of the area brings emotions you might not have known you had for the lives of people you didn't even know. Respect is the keyword when visiting Pearl Harbor, this visit you will never forget. On the south shore of O'ahu lies Hanauma Bay. A state underwater park also known as a sea cove located in Koko Head Park. The cove created by volcanic action over 10,000 years ago. The park is open from 6-6 with an entrance fee of .00 and worth every penny! Never before have I snorkeled in such a protected ...Read More

Wailana Coffee House

Restaurant | "Wailana Coffee Shop - It's an old Hawaii Classic!"

While in O'ahu we ate at Wailana Coffe House several times. The food was so good and reasonably priced with the plus of being open 24 hrs. The Muesli is out of this world--topped off with macadamia nuts. Coconut syrup for your pancakes--I had to buy a bottle of this for home!

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on January 16, 2001

Wailana Coffee House
1860 Ala Moana Blvd
Honolulu, Hawaii 96815
+1 808 955 1764

Snorkeling in Hanauma Bay

Attraction | "Hanauma Bay"

Koko Head Park is open from 6:00 am - 6:00 pm with a $3.00 entrance fee per person and an additional $1.00 per vehicle. Vendors were selling t-shirts when we visited and they were some of the highest quality we found in all of Hawaii. You have to walk down to the cove or pay to take a shuttle. The park has lifeguards on duty. I jumped right in and immediately met a 12 yr. old from Arkansas. We spent the next few hours snorkeling together and pointing out our finds. It was really a great time. Huge, colorful fish that came so close to you that you almost think you're dreaming. I can't wait for my next trip to O'ahu to snorkel this cove again!

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on January 16, 2001