Seattle Journals

Idaho Trout in Seattle

A July 2005 trip to Seattle by tiffanyrooprai

Quote: A journey with two dim-witted Idahoans who traveled to Seattle, visited the famous Pike Place Market, and purchased fresh fish to bring on home (okay, we're admittedly Wisconsin natives, so all we know is Lake Perch)

Moore Hotel

Restaurant | "Kitchenette in the Moore"

If you're lucky, you'll score one of the best hotel rooms in the city. It's not always who you know, but that helps, of course. Sometimes the price is right or your wallet is big enough. Of course, if you're not concerned about money, scoring a cheap pad with a kitchenette may not be high on your list. If it is, however, talk to the desk clerk at the Moore and see if the apartment is available.

Head down to the Pike Place Market and buy your dinner (don't forget the wine). Grab your PJ's and your best partner and have a nice night watching the ships sail in the harbor and the city below you.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on August 4, 2005

Moore Hotel
1926 2nd Ave.
Seattle, Washington

Pike Place Market

I'll confess; I've been around the entire Market area once, and although I won't forget the experience, I won't do this tour again. Now I always head for the flower stalls, since I can't resist the colors. Typically, the flower and fish market areas are crowded. Watch your toes, keep your children close, and try to grab a taste of the smoked almonds. This is where all the activity is, and it is the fish that was our subject this particular day. I was left unawares, but it would seem that The Tall One had plans - plans that involved driving 8 hours home with a carload of IKEA furnishings AND fresh fish. I was more interested in what's outside of the market-the cookware store Sur la Table nearby a...Read More

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on August 4, 2005