Las Vegas Journals

The Cliffs at Peace Canyon (Las Vegas)

A July 2005 trip to Las Vegas by Jen91011

Quote: Well, this place was fabulous. Rooms are beautiful, pool is warm, there is a great gym, large outside barbecue area, and you can even rent movies for free. There is even a free shuttle to the casinos and grocery shopping. I would love to live here! The perfect vacation spot!!!

The Cliffs at Peace Canyon (Las Vegas)

There is a pool table and movie room in the lobby of this place. Coffee is served every day and all day. You can even use the computer room to get directions or check e-mail.

I suggest driving to this location or even renting a car from the airport. It is not close to the Strip (about 30 minutes), so if you are in a hurry to go out at night, this may not be the place for you. I love the secluded location of this place - I can't wait to go back.
Fabulous! Rooms are neat and clean. The colors are vibrant, and the kitchens have all the utensils and clean supplies that we need. All I had to get was the food. Even movies are available at the front desk. Coffee is in the lobby all day, and there is a pool and TV room. The outside barbecue area is large and available.

4550 S. Grand Canyon Dr.
Las Vegas, Nevada 89147

Cliffs at Peace Canyon

Hotel | "The Cliffs at Peace Canyon"

Best Things Nearby:Grocery, Sears, movies, barsBest Things About the Resort:Very clean, close proximity to shopping, free shuttle to the Strip, free movie rental in house, nice pool, large barbecue area, and the rooms are fabulous!Resort Experience:Even though it is listed as a one-bedroom, you can easily fit six people. The couch pulls out to a bed, and the closet is a mini bedroom. The kitchen is large, and the dinner table is beautiful. There is a free shuttle to the casinos and grocery stores. This is not close to the Strip, so I do not recommend this place for the partygoer, but it is the perfect vacation spot for the relaxed vacationer. This place i...Read More

4550 S. Grand Canyon Dr.
Las Vegas, Nevada 89147

Gallagher's Steakhouse

Restaurant | "Gallager's Steakhouse"

We stopped in before we drove home. We were wearing tank tops and shorts, and they did serve us... but we got strange looks the whole time. It is an upscale steakhouse that serves everything separately. Best comparison is to Ruth Chris Steakhouse. It is so worth the money. The ambiance, service, and food are excellent. Truly a nice change from the Vegas buffet lines. We both had the $34 steak and added crab cakes with a glass of wine. $85 later, we left full and happy. Great dining!!

Gallagher's Steakhouse