Orange County Journals

OC

A July 2004 trip to Orange County by Stellaness

Pierce Street Annex Photo, Orange County, California More Photos
Quote: OC is the only place I call home. I can never imagine living anywhere else. The weather is great year-round; there is no smoking in restaurants or bars; you can go to South Coast Plaza; it is near L.A., where there are great concerts and museums; and my family is here.

OC

OC is the hottest place to be at the moment. I grew up here, so it has always been great to me. Some things to definitely check out in L.A. are South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa (the best place to go shopping), Irvine Spectrum & The Block (lots of great restaurants and places to hang out), Laguna Beach (the prettiest beaches in the county), Huntington Beach pier (total beach-lover’s joint), and downtown Fullerton.Quick Tips: My suggestion is to try everything once. OC has a lot of great places not found in reviews or recommendations. Just talk to local people and mingle with the crowds.Best Way To Get Around: As usual, a car is the only way to get around OC. Things are just too fa...Read More

Seoul Oak

Seoul Oak Photo, Garden Grove, California
This is a great place for Korean food. This restuarant has all types--Korean BBQ, soups, noodles, and, of course, rice. The appetizers are in Korean, and ban chan is really good. Service is good and always efficient. My family loves this place, especially my dad.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on July 28, 2005

Seoul Oak
8295 Garden Grove Blvd.
Garden Grove, California 92844

Laguna Beach

Laguna Beach Photo, Laguna Beach, California
Laguna Beach has the most amazing beaches in Southern California. I wouldn't go anywhere else in Cali except here. There are just gorgeous views of the ocean unlike in any other place.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on July 28, 2005

Laguna Beach

Orange County, California

Pierce Street Annex

Pierce Street Annex Photo, Orange County, California
The Annex is a great hole-in-the-wall place to chill and hang out. I am, I guess you could say, a regular. My friends and I usually go on Thursday nights and sometimes Friday nights. Thursdays have a good crowd, and Fridays are okay.

Drinks are cheap and yummy. I usually go for my Heine. Kalliegh is our girl who we always go to. She is really nice and great. Joss is the friendly paper-towel girl in the bathroom, and she's really down. Everyone there is super-nice, and there is a small dance floor when you've had just the right amount of alcohol in you. The music is mostly hip-hop and Top 40.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on July 28, 2005

Pierce Street Annex
330 E. 17th St.
Costa Mesa 92627

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

Attraction | "Angels Game"

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim Photo, Anaheim, California
Any baseball game is great, but Angels games are highly entertaining. First off, Edison Field is a great place. Everything is organized and clean, and from any seat there is a great view. There are a variety of places to eat, like Panda Express or Carl's Jr., and there is the usual peanuts and popcorn. It's always fun to go to an Angels game, especially with a big group of girls.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on July 28, 2005