London Journals

3 days in London

A June 2005 trip to London by sbonner

Quote: I went with my 17-year-old daughter. We had three days to see as much as we could. I have never been so tired in my whole life.

London Dungeon

Attraction | "The London Dungeon"

I enjoyed this. I noticed the teenaged kids liked it. It was a history tour of the greusome aspects of London's history: the fire that almost destroyed the city, the plague, Jack the Ripper, other murderers. It is best to buy tickets ahead of time. Since we had not, we had to wait in line to enter for a VERY long time, over an hour. Lucky for us, the Olympic torch and all of the hoopla that goes along with it went by.

London Dungeon
28-34 Tooley Street
London, England
+44 20 7403 7221

Westminster Abbey

Attraction | "Westminster Abbey Chapter House"

The architecture was fabulous! We could not believe we were standing there in the abbey! We were with a tour group, and she took us places we weren't supposed to go.

Westminster Abbey
20 Dean's Yard
London, England SW1P 3PA
+44 (20) 7222 5152

Tower of London

We liked exploring the towers alone. We felt like we were "sneaking around" where we weren't supposed to! I loved that since such creepy things happened in the rooms. The carvings on the walls were really neat. There were townhouses and apartments that were rented out. There was also a huge museum with armour and weapons that were very artistically done and very impressive.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on July 25, 2005

Tower of London
Tower Hill
London, England EC3N 4AB
+44 (207) 709 0765

Original London Walks

Attraction | "Jack the Ripper Walking Tour with London Walks"

If you go, I recommend highly that you make sure you are on the tour with the man who is the expert. I do not recall his name. It was creepy, but it was a nice, long walk around the center of London. Now I know everything I need to know about Jack the Ripper.

Original London Walks