London Journals

A Midsummer Night's London

A July 2003 trip to London by Stellaness

me in Picadilly Circus Photo, London, England More Photos
Quote: London was my first trip to Europe, and words cannot describe how wonderful it was. I LOVED every moment of every day. My two favorite moments were standing in front of Stonehenge and taking in all the sights of the National Gallery museum.

A Midsummer Night's London

me in Picadilly Circus Photo, London, England
London is a fantastic city for everything. With everything rom shopping to the arts, it is a place with history, a tourist destination, a great party city, and a totally lovable culture. The highlight of London is just being immersed into the English culture. Having tea, relaxing the in the park, and walking everywhere are every-day things for the English, and being able to do that as a tourist felt so real and genuine. There are lots of opportunities to not be a total tourist. For one thing, go exploring the many neighborhoods of London and eat at dive places that are way small and sit like a handful of people. Go lie out at a near park and read a good book. There are so many things to discove...Read More

Wagamama

There are a couple of these restaurants all over London. It's mostly a noodle place, and it's really good. The service is efficient, fast, and friendly. I even bought a shirt from this place.

Wagamama
4A Sreatham St
London, England W1H 9AB
+44 20 7323 9223

National Gallery

This museum is great in size and nature. I was only able to see the East wing of it, and most of it was rushing through to find the one picture that I wanted to see: Arnolfini's wedding by Jan Van Eyck. I have taken two art classes and ever since have been dying to see it, and I couldn't believe my luck when I finally did. It was totally unbelievable and amazing.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on July 25, 2005

National Gallery
Trafalgar Square
London, England WC2N 5DN
+44 (207) 747 2885

Stonehenge

Stonehenge Photo, Salisbury, England
Stonehenge was one of the highlights of my trip to London. It's about a two-hour drive to Salisbury but well worth it. Just the sight of all the rocks right in front of you is truly indescribable. Seeing things that you have spent many years learning while growing up is like icing on the cake. I enjoyed Stonehenge for that exact reason. I will never forget the feeling of standing in front of it.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on July 25, 2005

Stonehenge
2 miles west of Amesbury
Salisbury, England
01980 624 715

Onanon

Onanon Photo, London, England
It's three floors of bars, lounges, and dance floors, with a very eclectic crowd and tons of hip partiers. I had a lot of fun drinking, meeting people from all over Europe, and dancing. It was not the best music I would've liked to dance to, but it was doable.

Onanon
London Pavilion Piccadilly Circus London
London, England W1J 0DA
020 7287 8008

Gardening Club

Attraction | "The Gardening Club"

This club is small and intimate but has great music, meaning hip-hop. Lots of people on Monday night and a good crowd. I danced the night away and drank here and there. I would definitely go there again.

Gardening Club