Las Vegas Journals

Vegas, family style

A June 2005 trip to Las Vegas by Stellaness

Ballys Las Vegas Photo, Las Vegas, Nevada More Photos
Quote: My family and I have been going to Vegas every year for my mom's birthday for the past three years. We always stay at Bally's but eat at other hotels and shop at Forum Shops.

Vegas, family style

Las Vegas is known as the City of Sin, but to me, it will always be a family vacation spot. I have the best time hanging out in Sin City with my sister, grandma, and my mom. We enjoy the great food, good shopping, and fun games. I LOVE 5-cent slots like Wheel of Fortune and Price is Right. They are soo fun, you must check 'em out. Wynn is pretty nice, so I would check that place out and if you get a chance go to the Guggenheim in the Venetian. Some great free stuff is the Tiger cages at MGM Grand, the water show in front of Bellagio, and a walk down Fremont street. Good shopping can be found at Caesar's Forum shops, Aladdin desert shops, and the new shopping place near Venetian. Quic...Read More

Bally's Las Vegas

Hotel | "Bally's"

Bally's Las Vegas Photo, Las Vegas, Nevada
Bally's is a great small and intimate hotel. My family and I always stay here, and we love it each time. The pool does suck, but the casino isn't so big that we get lost, and the food is okay. We always eat at Ichiban, a great Japanese food restaurant.

Bally's Las Vegas
3645 Las Vegas Blvd

Shintaro

Shintaro Photo, Las Vegas, Nevada
This place was very nice. When you first walk in there is a jelly fish tank with three different colors. The food was okay. Do not try the soba noodles. It was too bland, but I do recommend the shrimp tempura roll, the shrimp appetizer (I forgot the name), and especially the green tea creme brulee. It was the best creme brulee I have ever had.

Shintaro
3600 Las Vegas Blvd S

Wynn Las Vegas

Attraction | "Wynn"

Wynn Las Vegas Photo, Las Vegas, Nevada
It's a nice casino decorated in rich reds and colors. Nice sights, especially the flower gardens and the outside views. Shopping is more on the luxury, high-end stuff.

Wynn Las Vegas