Oahu Journals

Winter Break in Hawaii

A December 2004 trip to Oahu by Stellaness

Kobe Japanese Steak House Photo, Honolulu, Oahu More Photos
Quote: I took a Hawaiian holiday with my good friends on the island of Oahu, where we ushered in a New Year. We saw all the sights, including the USS Arizona memorial, Maka’pu Hike, Lanikai beach, Point, and the North Shore.

Winter Break in Hawaii

Hawaii = beauty. Everything in Hawaii was breathtaking. I would be saying, "Oh, my gosh, that is so pretty!" like every minute. It's such a wonderful place to visit and take in. I am not much of a beach person, but I did fall in love with the beaches in Oahu, particularly Lanikai. I could have spent the whole day there! I really enjoyed the hike up Makapu because not only was it a great workout, but we got to see whales jumping out of the ocean. Shopping at Ala Moana was fabulous, too. They have lots of great shops there. The drive to North Shore was serene and full of great scenery. Along the drive is where I discovered Lanikai beach. You can't miss this beach.Quick Tips: I missed...Read More

Zippy's

Basically a place to go to after a hard night of partying or for a quick and cheap bite. We got take out on the way to Point and ate it while relaxing in the sun.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on July 24, 2005

Zippy's
Various Locations
Oahu, Hawaii

Kobe Japanese Steak House

Restaurant | "Kobe"

Kobe Japanese Steak House Photo, Honolulu, Oahu
This is a Japanese teppan yaki restaurant and has the best teppan yaki I have ever had. The chicken melts in your mouth, shrimp is delicious and juicy, and vegetables are perfectly seasoned and tasty. I will always go to this restaurant whenever I am in Oahu. I wish there was a place like this in the States.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on July 24, 2005

Kobe Japanese Steak House
1841 Ala Moana Blvd
Honolulu, Hawaii 96815

Lanikai Beach

My favorite part of Oahu was Lanikai Beach. It was gorgeous, the water was warm and a majestic blue, the views all around were wonderful sights, and it was the perfect place to sunbathe and relax.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on July 24, 2005

Lanikai Beach
Mokulua Drive
Oahu, Hawaii 96734

Diamond Head State Monument

Attraction | "Diamond Head Lookout"

Diamond Head State Monument Photo, Honolulu, Oahu
This lookout had a great view of the ocean. We went there just in time to see the sun set, and everything around us was lit a light pastel color. It was really beautiful.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on July 24, 2005