Rehoboth Beach Journals

Small-Town Family Vacation in Rehoboth Beach

A July 2005 trip to Rehoboth Beach by travel latin america

Quote: Rehoboth Beach is the nation's summer capital, filled with great shops and restaurants. The beaches are beautiful and well kept, but you can also go to Rehoboth for the shops and will enjoy it just the same (or even more!) Included in this journal are some helpful tips, so enjoy!

Small-Town Family Vacation in Rehoboth Beach

I recently visited Rehoboth Beach for my summer vacation with the recommendation of my family, who had gone the year before. I absolutely loved the town of Rehoboth, filled with nice shops, cafés, and eateries. The location of the hotel was a bonus, located right in the center of the town, 2 blocks from the beach and near good eateries. I recommend the town for a good place to stroll with the kids and go to the beach. Also, try finding a hotel around the center of town; it is really great to be able to walk everywhere. The town’s relatively small size and charm is why I loved my stay there. Enjoy!Quick Tips: Note 1: Nicola’s Pizza! Make sure you try Nicola's Pizza, not Grotto's Pizza (which i...Read More

Avenue Inn

Hotel

Although the Avenue Inn promises "luxury accommodations in the heart of the nation's summer capital," my 3-night stay did not seem luxurious or quite magnificent. I didn't find the hotel staff very helpful or friendly, but enjoyed the location of the hotel. The hotel is located right in the center of the town, nearly 2 blocks from the beach, and is surrounded by shops and great restaurants. I would recommend finding another hotel around the same area (Wilmington Avenue) for the great location what will make your vacation really worthwhile. The Avenue Inn was great for the kids with its swimming pool (which is relatively small in size) and cookies after 8pm, but I won't be returning to the Avenue I...Read More

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on July 20, 2005

Avenue Inn
33 Wilmington Ave.

Nicola Pizza

After going to Grotto's Pizza one night, I was really happy about having Nicola's Pizza. I was really impressed by their fast service and really good food. The pizza can't compare to Grotto's, and it was fast. It was great, so make sure you stop there and then compare it to Grotto's. Also, it has low-fat food and Nicobolis, very delicious.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on July 19, 2005

Nicola Pizza
8 N 1st Street
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware

Grotto Pizza

After arriving in Rehoboth, I saw numerous Grotto Pizza restaurants, which eventually led me go in and try their food. I saw on their menu "Voted Best in Delaware," which led me to really be expecting some good food. After getting my pizza, I wasn't that impressed.

Sure, they're better than my pizzeria around the block. I would order their pizza only for their good location, right on the boardwalk, but I would definitely go to Nicola's pizza instead.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on July 19, 2005

Grotto Pizza
Boardwalk at Baltimore Avenue

Adriatico

I really enjoyed eating at Adriatico, as the Italian food is delicious and the service is very good. The restaurant is fancy, but not too fancy. It has an outdoor eating area, which the kids love. Make sure you take advantage of the buy-one-entrée, get-one-free offer. It will save you some money on Wednesday and Thursday nights. Make sure you eat there if you get a chance!

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on July 19, 2005

Adriatico
First St. & Baltimore Ave.

About the Writer