Lake Tahoe Journals

Sightseeing in the Snow of Ol' Lake Tahoe

A January 2005 trip to Lake Tahoe by Sandieq

Tahoe Beach & Ski Club Photo, Lake Tahoe, California More Photos
Quote: What a wonderful time we all had up in the snow of beautiful Lake Tahoe. Never been there in the winter. This was a first and won't be the last. Resort was Tahoe Beach and Ski. Great service. My home resort... love it!!

Sightseeing in the Snow of Ol' Lake Tahoe

Go on a trip around the lake. Many different views. Virginia City Saloon. Stop by the Bucket of Blood. Good times! Ski Heavenly and Squaw Valley. Shop in Squaw Valley. Casinos.

Load up on film - you'll need it. Bring plenty of layers... BRRR! We were not impressed with Cabo Wabo... a guy with a guitar and a track playing in the background. Expected more from Sammy. Pricey if you plan on partying a while. More like a sing-along with some dude.

Rent a car, unless all you want to do is ski and gamble. Shuttles are good - no DUI's!

Tahoe Beach & Ski Club

Hotel | "Tahoe Beach and Ski Club"

Tahoe Beach & Ski Club Photo, Lake Tahoe, California
Very clean. Updated. Everything we needed for a 1-week snow adventure. Close to casinos and shuttles to any ski run we desired. Helpful staff and beautiful views all around.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on July 14, 2005

Tahoe Beach & Ski Club
3601 Lake Tahoe Blvd.
South Lake Tahoe, California 96150

Skiing & Snowboarding

Attraction | "Sightseeing"

Skiing & Snowboarding Photo, Lake Tahoe, California
We took some relatives up there so they could see what it all was about. They are from Maryland and never had been to Tahoe. So I figured a nice winter trip, for skiing or casinos, would be a great thing to do. I think they had a great time. I strongly suggest going to Virginia City, Donner Pass, and taking a dinner cruise if available. Years ago, I went and they still had the Bonanza film set there. I'm not sure if it is still around anymore. I wasn't a big fan of the show, however, I really enjoyed the tour.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on July 15, 2005