Philadelphia Journals

Family time in Philadelphia

A July 2004 trip to Philadelphia by Kataries

Liberty Bell Photo, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania More Photos
Quote: My first experience in Philadelphia was very wonderful, filled with history lessons and culinary lessons just waiting to be explored.

Liberty Bell

Attraction | "The Liberty Bell"

Liberty Bell Photo, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
To come face to face with an item that means so much to all people, as the Liberty Bell does, is quite astounding. It was just a great honor to have gotten to see such an important part of our history. My husband actually leaned over the rope and touched the bell (you are not supposed to do that). A guide very quickly told him that he cannot do that (but we had already got the picture of him touching it really quickly). I am glad that my children were able to see the Liberty Bell. I recommend that if you ever have the opportunity to go and see it that you do. The whole area there is a great place to vist.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on June 22, 2005

Liberty Bell
500 Market St (corner Fifth And Sixth Streets)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Philadelphia Ghost Tour

Attraction | "Ghost Tour of Philadelphia"

This was a good walking tour. It was not tacky like I was afraid it would be. We heard stories about certain grave sites, George and Martha Washington, and yellow fever. We were taken to a couple of cemeteries that are supposed to be haunted. Also, we went to a couple of houses that are supposed to be haunted. The guide told of why they were haunted, by whom they are haunted, and if anyone lives there now. It tied a lot of history in to the ghost tale, which I really like. I found the ghost tour to be very educational, and I would like to find out more about these stories. I would recommend that you go if you have the chance.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on June 22, 2005