Las Vegas Journals

Second Trip to Las Vegas

A February 2005 trip to Las Vegas by Kataries

The Auto Collections at The Imperial Palace Photo, Las Vegas, Nevada More Photos
Quote: This was our second trip to Las Vegas.

Carriage House

Hotel | "The Carriage House"

This was a nice choice to stay at in Las Vegas. It wasn't big and fancy. It was small, quiet, and out of the way, but close enough where you could easily walk to the Strip, and the Aladdin Hotel and Casino was right across the street. Our room was very nice and cozy, with plenty of room. The view was incredible. We had a large window in the living room and our bedroom, and if you looked to the left, you saw the New York City skyline, and if you looked to your right, you saw the Eiffel Tower at the Paris Hotel and Casino (only in Vegas). We had a one-bedroom unit, and it had a living room, a bedroom with a large king-size bed, and it's own TV. The room was big, too. It had a full kitchen and a bathr...Read More

Carriage House
105 East Harmon Avenue

Bellagio Buffet

Restaurant | "Bellagio Dinner Buffet"

Bellagio Buffet Photo, Las Vegas, Nevada
This buffet is unlike anything I have ever seen before. This is my second Las Vegas buffet, and there is no comparison when compared to the other one I ate at which was the MGM Grand dinner buffet. I wish I could remember the names of all the stuff I ate. It was not just your typical buffet-type food. There were gourmet foods on here, presented on their own little plates. Plus, there was a carving station, pizza station, and a dessert section that made you truly feel as though you were committing a sin. You could not possibly try everything here, and if you ever thought of bringing a really big purse (that had nothing in it) to a buffet, this one would definitely make you think about it harder. Everyo...Read More

Bellagio Buffet
3600 Las Vegas Blvd S

NASCAR Cafe

Restaurant | "The Nascar Cafe"

NASCAR Cafe Photo, Las Vegas, Nevada
This was an okay restaurant. We only ate here because we were here to ride the roller coaster, and we had a buy-one-meal, get-one-free coupon. I probably would not eat here unless you have one of those coupons, because it really is not worth the money. The food was decent, though, just not worth the money. And the service left a lot to be desired.

Member Rating 1 out of 5 on June 21, 2005

NASCAR Cafe
2535 Las Vegas Blvd. S.
702/734-7223

House of Blues

I enjoyed the meal here very much. The food was very good and presented quite nicely. The decor is excellent. It feels like I imagine it would be in New Orleans. Even so, it had a lot of creativity and attention to detail. I enjoyed the food, service, and atmosphere a lot.

House of Blues
3950 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, Nevada 89119
(702) 632 7600

Cheesecake Factory at The Forum Shops

Restaurant | "The Cheesecake Factory"

Yummm, The Cheesecake Factory has my favorite word in it, no, not factory. We ordered a regular dinner there besides cheesecake, and it was REALLY good. It was presented very nicely as well. The portion was absolutely huge, and it almost left no room for the cheesecake, but I think that is against the law here!! So I proceeded, even though I was very full, to order the Godiva chocolate. Oh, myyyyy. It was so good. I could not bear to leave any of it and let it go to waste, so I carried that damn piece of cheesecake all over Vegas with me so I could have it later, but boy did I thank myself later. I love The Cheesecake Factory. Thank God I don't work here!!!!

Cheesecake Factory at The Forum Shops
3500 South Las Vegas Blvd.
Las Vegas 89109

Nine Fine Irishmen

Nine Fine Irishmen Photo, Las Vegas, Nevada
We ate dinner here. Seating was backed up, so we sat at the bar. We received excellent service, and our dinner was very good. The decor was very nice, and they had a little Irish gift shop at the entrance. I would highly recommend making this one of your meal stops while in Las Vegas.

Nine Fine Irishmen
New York New York Casino - 3790 Las Vegas Blvd.

Zanzibar Cafe

This is open 24 hours inside the Aladdin Hotel and Casino. The food was really good and came in huge portions. The service left a lot to be desired, though. If you are gambling late inside the Aladdin Casino, this would be your obvious, if not only, choice for real food.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on June 21, 2005

Zanzibar Cafe
3667 Las Vegas Blvd. S.
702-785-5555

The Auto Collections at The Imperial Palace

Attraction | "Imperial Palace Auto Collection"

The Auto Collections at The Imperial Palace Photo, Las Vegas, Nevada
This is really a HUGE collection of automobiles. And what is unique about this collection is that you can actually buy these. That's right. The price is posted right outside the vehicle, and if you are in Vegas and have run out of ways to spend your money, you can come in here and buy a car. Even if you don't buy one, your husband will surely drool at the cars in this collection. And don't we owe him that, I mean, for dragging him through all those malls in Vegas. So, for my husband's absolute amusement with this collection, I give it a very highly recommended, even though most women will be bored to tears through the exhibit.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on June 16, 2005

The Auto Collections at The Imperial Palace
3535 Las Vegas Blvd. South

Bellagio Fountains

Bellagio Fountains Photo, Las Vegas, Nevada
The Bellagio Fountains are something you must see. Seeing pictures that someone else took or seeing it on TV does not do it justice. The power of the fountains, accompanied by the music and the lighting, make for a very moving sight. It is extremely romantic, and it sounds corny, but it actually does bring tears to your eyes. If you are in Vegas, this is just something you have to see. And it's free, so there's no excuse. The best time to see it is at night. They play a diffenent show every 15 minutes or so. It is beautiful.

Bellagio Fountains
3600 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, Nevada

The Manhattan Express Roller Coaster at the New York New York Hotel and Casino is a fun roller coaster. It is worth the money to ride it. It takes you out through the building and outside the hotel for a stunning view of the Strip. If you can, you should ride it once at night and once during the day. If not, ride it at night, when it's the best, and get in the front if possible, as it's worth it. Get in the front row at nighttime, and buddy, you're going for a ride!!!!

Manhattan Express Roller Coaster
3790 S. Las Vegas Boulvard

SPEED - The Ride

SPEED - The Ride Photo, Las Vegas, Nevada
This is a roller coaster that is worth your money as well. It is different in the fact that it takes off like being shot out of a rocket, and then you do the same ride, backwards. It was a lot of fun.

SPEED - The Ride
2535 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, Nevada 89104
+1 702 737 2111

Rio Las Vegas Hotel & Casino

Attraction | "Gambling at the Rio in Vegas"

Rio Las Vegas Hotel & Casino Photo, Las Vegas, Nevada
This casino was a lot of fun to gamble at because it had so much other stuff going on. There was a small dance floor on top of some of the slot machines, and both men and women that work there would dress in costume and sing and or dance. The entertainment was really good. Also, every couple of hours or so, they had a free show right in the middle of the casino. Men and women all dressed up would put on a Broadway-type performance, then huge Mardi Gras floats would come through the casino on train tracks attached to the ceiling, so they were overhead. They were all dressed up, and they threw beads and everything. It was so much fun to watch and try to catch those beads; my husband and I got a lot of t...Read More

Rio Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
3700 West Flamingo Road
Las Vegas, Nevada 89103
800-PLAY-RIO

New York New York Hotel and Casino

Attraction | "Rita Rudner"

Rita Rudner is FUNNY!!! She does stand-up comedy at the New York New York Casino. My husband and I went and saw her while in Vegas, and we laughed so hard through the whole show. She is really good and has a comic style all her own. I really did enjoy her show, and it sounded like we were not the only ones. She has her book for sale there, and, after the show, she will come and autograph it for you. She is great.

New York New York Hotel and Casino
3790 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, Nevada

This was fun and different. The story is that you are invited to a wedding--yeah, Tony and Tina, an Italian couple. It is like you are actually a guest at the wedding. Family members are seated throughout the room and are constantly in character and constantly funny. There are all kinds of little interesting family turmoils, just like in our own families, but these are really funny. This includes a huge and actually pretty good pasta dinner with one glass of champagne. There is a bar set up that costs extra. The whole time, you can sit back and just watch or totally be interactive with the wedding party; they come over and get you up to dance with them and everything. It really was fun; I don't know a...Read More

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on June 21, 2005