Fargo Journals

Fargo Shopping Trip

A May 2005 trip to Fargo by disneyfan2005

Paradiso Photo, Fargo, North Dakota More Photos
Quote: I went to Fargo to shop with my friend and daughter.

Days Inn Airport Dome Suites

Hotel | "Days Inn Airport Inn & Suites"

This was a new Days Inn property very near the airport in Fargo. The accommodation I had was a $150 king room which came with a Jacuzzi in the suite. The room look very grungy, and the Jacuzzi was dirty. There were rips in the chair, and we pulled out the sleeper sofa for my friend to sleep on, and it was the worst condition I have ever seen a sleeper sofa in. It drooped and sagged all over and had rips all over it. They were also building something next door, so I think this is why we had worms all over the room. The lady at the front desk said, "That is gross." The breakfast had hot waffles, which were good, but no toast and only some small mini muffins. This is definit...Read More

Member Rating 1 out of 5 on May 16, 2005

Days Inn Airport Dome Suites
1507 19TH AVENUE
Fargo, North Dakota 58102
701 232-0000

Travelodge

Hotel

Travelodge was an amazing hotel--very family-oriented. It had a large pool with a whirlpool. They had a big gameroom. Also, the free continental breakfast had hot Belgian waffles, cereals, oatmeal, bagels, muffins, toast, croissants, and donuts - a large selection. They also had free coffee, juice, hot apple cider, tea, and hot chocolate. The people who work there are very friendly. It was located right by a very very busy railroad track, but the hotel was built very soundproof, and you barely heard them. They've got really nice-looking hotel rooms, and the bathrooms were beautiful. No problems with water pressure or anything. Just one of the beds had dirty sheets, but the guy at the front de...Read More

Travelodge
3027 S. Frontage Road
Moorhead, Minnesota 56560
218-233-5333

Paradiso

Paradiso Photo, Fargo, North Dakota
This is a beautiful place with a water fountain in the middle of the restaurant with lots of plants.

The food was amazing! I had a soft taco, and my friend had the same. My daughter had nachos with cheese (children eat free on Sundays). It was the best Mexican food I have ever had!

Paradiso
801 38th Street S.
701-282-5747

Attraction | "Shopping"

Fargo has some of the best clothes shopping - West Acres Mall, Gordman's, Kohl's, and TJ Maxx, as well as Target and Wal-Mart! I bought so many clothes, and they had great sales on.

West Acres Mall had a dinosaur playground for all the kids, which I thought was great, and my daughter loved it!

3902 13th Ave S

Attraction | "Shopping"

This is a great mall for people of all ages! They have a huge dinosaur play area for the kids to go wild in! It is quite the play area and lets you shop longer as you can take the kids and then keep shoping after they have had their fun. There were so many stores in West Acres mall. Alos along 13th St there were lots of good shopping places - Gordman's, Kohl's, Target, Wal-Mart, TJ MAXX, etc. It was great, and the prices were awesome!

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on June 3, 2005