Cape Cod Journals

Cape Cod Off-Season

An April 2005 trip to Cape Cod by AZGAL

Quote: My mother and I went on this trip to visit my sister and her family. We wanted to stay in a timeshare and found one on Cape Cod through the Extra Vacation Program with RCI. We did not do much in the way of tourist activities.

Briarwood Resort

Hotel

Best Things Nearby:Restaurants, shopping, ferry boat to Martha's Vineyard, and the beachBest Things About the Resort:The unit was very spacious, two stories, and conveniently located to the grocery store, restaurants, and shops.Resort Experience:I would describe this resort as plain and simple, nothing fancy. The one pool is an outdoor pool and was drained since it was off-season when we were there. There is a small outside playground for the kids and a room with board games and books to check out. There is no electronic game room or indoor activities available. The units are like townhouses, with an upstairs and downstairs and an entrance directly to the...Read More

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on May 9, 2005

Briarwood Resort
30 Pine Valley Drive
Cape Cod, Massachusetts

Best Things Nearby:Close to Route 6, so you can get anywhere on the Cape Best Things About the Resort:Nice rooms, a heated indoor swimming pool, and the activity center Resort Experience:My mother and I stayed at the Briarwood and one of my sisters stayed at the Cove, and we visited with her during our stay. The room had a small refrigerator and microwave. We preferred our full kitchen. My nephew, who is 8-years-old, enjoyed swimming in the pool and the game room. He would have been terribly bored at our resort. This is a newer resort with more amenities than where we stayed. Unit Type: ...Read More

Cove at Yarmouth
183 Main Street
Cape Cod, Massachusetts

Seafood Sam's

This is upscale fast-food dining. You place your order when you walk in and then are notified when it is ready. Beer and wine is available in addition to soft drinks.

You can get a sandwich or a platter. We had the seafood platter, which was good. The place was busy for off-season.

This is a good restaurant for you if you are looking for good food at a reasonable price and don't mind the cafeteria-type setting.

Seafood Sam's
1006 Route 28
Cape Cod, Massachusetts 02664-5644

Dynasty Buffet

Restaurant | "Dynasty Chinese Buffet "

This was a Chinese buffet. There was a nice variety of food, including sushi. The food was of a good quality and presentation. It is a very popular place. You can eat in or get takeout.

Dynasty Buffet