Cabo San Lucas Journals

The Unexpected Cabo Trip

A September 2004 trip to Cabo San Lucas by DrewD

Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort Photo, Los Cabos, Mexico More Photos
Quote: Sometimes, the last-minute/unplanned trips are the most rewarding and enjoyable. In the early fall 2004, my Aussie partner and I were planning a Caribbean trip, but a little hurricane got in the way. Then, we settled on Cabo instead - and we were glad we did.

Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort

Hotel | "Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort"

Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort Photo, Los Cabos, Mexico
This was an absolutely beautiful resort with a great view of the Ocean/Gulf, a breathtaking neverending pool (actually two), swim-up bars, and great restaurants. Rooms were your standard Hilton resort style, but the back opened up to the pool and ocean view. Excellent service and amenities. I could have spent the entire week at the hotel alone.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on April 26, 2005

Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Carretera Transp. Km. 19.5
Los Cabos, Mexico 23447
+52 (624) 1456500

I guess it's a take on the Picture of Dorian Gray, and eating seafood will always keep you young. There are very nice restaurants that serve local seafood specialties with an Asian twist right on the harbor. You must walk through a gauntlet of restaurant hosts pitching their fare along the way, but make a stop at this place instead. Oh, and eat outside to enjoy the views and sea breezes.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on April 28, 2005

Café Dorian Restaurant
Boulevard Marina 17
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
+52 (624) 143 7923

O Mole Mio

They serve excellent, modern Mexican cuisine, so much so that we ate here on two separate occasions. I introduced my Aussie partner to the miracle of mole, great tamales, local seafood with a Mexican twist, and genuine beef dishes. They have excellent margaritas as well. There is also a very attractive interior design that adds to the appeal.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on April 28, 2005

O Mole Mio
Plaza del Sol
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico 23410
+52 114 3 7577

Cabo Wabo Cantina

Cabo Wabo Cantina Photo, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
The Red Rocker Sammy Hagar's infamous bar in Cabo is a required stop for any American visitor to Cabo. For the kitsch factor alone, with "I Can't Drive 55" and "5150" memorabilia on the wall and Van Halen tunes on the loudspeakers, it's a necessary indulgence. Ironically, when we went here, Van Halen was playing in our hometown back in Texas, so there were no sightings of any overaged rockers.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on April 28, 2005