Panama Canal Journals

Panama Canal Cruise

A February 2005 trip to Panama Canal by DiviAruba

Huatulco Photo, Panama Canal, Panama More Photos
Quote: A 14-night Panama Canal cruise, eastbound, aboard RCCL's Legend of the Seas

Huatulco

Huatulco Photo, Panama Canal, Panama
I loved this stop. It is an up-and-coming area, and the people want your business. The town is nice and quaint. The ship docks almost on the beach. Three dollars will get you to town from the ship. I would love to go back, but it would take me three stops by plane to get there! It is a wonderful area with wonderful people, and a nice, clean beach.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on April 24, 2005

Huatulco

Cliff Diving

Attraction | "Cliff Divers"

Cliff Diving Photo, Panama Canal, Panama
We saw the cliff divers. It is amazing what they do. They all have to climb the rocks prior to their dive. There is also a holy statue that they pray to prior to their dives. A must-see at least once.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on April 24, 2005

Cliff Diving
Panama

Puntarenas

Puntarenas Photo, Panama Canal, Panama
This was a stop on our cruise. It was a filthy beach! We mostly just walked to a local bar and had a few cocktails. Soccer was on, so the place was hopping. We've been to Costa Rica before, so we did not do any tours. I bought a hand-painted feather. It's amazing how they do it. There are a lot of different vendors off the boat, so walk around and get the best price. We found coffee (Brit) the cheapest right off the boat, on the dock.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on April 24, 2005

Puntarenas
Costa Rica

Panama Canal

Attraction | "Panal Canal"

Panama Canal Photo, Panama, Central America
This was great to see. We were on a cruise ship, and they actually have a man come onboard and give information about the canal and other tidbits about Panama. He will talk off and on throughout the transit. It was very interesting. If I were to do it again, I would go on an excursion, as everyone is trying to see and it's just impossible. They did have a boat excursion, which I think would have been good. I think you would have had a better view from a smaller boat.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on April 24, 2005