A January 2001 trip
to Key West by johnnieaka2002
Quote: I left England to travel around the world in January 2001. I decided to start in Florida, as friends of the family lived there. I arrived in Key West, fell in love with the place and its people, and ended up staying there for nearly 3 years!!
2. Drink! and lots of it. Visit the Green Parrot and Schooner Wharf Bar for authentic conch socialisin'! Visit Capt. Tony's, Hog's Breath Saloon, and Sloppy Joes for overpriced drinks and tourist traps!
3. Eat! You may be lucky enough to be visiting during lobster fest! If not, try breakfast at Blue Heaven or Camille's or beautiful seafood dinners at Louie's Backyard or Turtle Kraals.
4. Ride! Rent a bike or a scooter. Do both of these at Moped Hospital. (I'm biased, as I used to work there - mention Geordie John, and you may get a discount).
5. Enjoy a sunset - at Mallory Square. Another tourist trap, but a good laugh too!
6. Get rude. Go during Fantasy Fest in October for an eye-opening experience of proper hedonism.
Member Rating 4 out of 5 on April 8, 2005
900 Duval St
Key West, Florida
Member Rating 5 out of 5 on April 8, 2005
Bahia Honda State Park
36850 Overseas Hwy, Mile Marker 37
Key West, Florida 33043
bristol, United Kingdom