Oahu Journals

Fast-paced Oahu

A September 2004 trip to Oahu by anneckhart

Quote: My father and I went to Oahu, originally for 8 days but ended up coming home early.

Fast-paced Oahu

Loved the Polynesian Cultural Center. I know some people think it is hokey, but everything was clean and well-organized. Food at the luau was really good, and the Horizon's show was awesome. Also, we did the Atlantis dinner cruise, which was fun. I had the steak-and-lobster dinner, which was okay; I had a buy-one-get-one-free coupon for it, and otherwise, I would have gone for the buffet.

The Entertainment Book pays for itself usually with the use of one coupon--the Atlantis cruise is PER PERSON, but the book had a buy-one-get-one-free coupon.

The first room we had had a broken shower. After an hour of waiting for a repair person to show up, we were upgraded to a partial ocean-view room in Tapa Tower. The rooms are nice, bathrooms average, and beds wonderful for a hotel.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on March 10, 2005

Hilton Hawaiian Village
2005 Kalia Rd.
Honolulu 96815

Hilo Hattie Nimitz Flagship Store

Attraction | "Hilo Hattie's"

LOVED Hilo Hattie! It was nice to have all the souvenirs in one place. I took the free trolley shuttle from the Hilton to the main store and spent about an hour browsing.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on March 10, 2005