Keystone Journals

Snowboarding Trip to Keystone

A March 2005 trip to Keystone by Wazzy22

Quote: I went with three friends on a 6-day trip to Keystone, Colorado, for some snowboarding. Along the way we enjoyed some awesome food and fun winter activities, like snowmobiling and tubing.
We had a two-bedroom condo at the Lakeside Village, which is part of the larger Keystone Resort. The condo had a gas fireplace, full kitchen with a dishwasher, and a beautiful view of the ice-skating rink. We were a short walk from the fitness center and hot tub/swimming pool building.

Our master bedroom had a king-size bed and separate bathroom. It was so comfortable to come home to at the end of the day, and we slept well, as the walls were thick and we didn't experience a lot of noise from other guests.

Lakeside Village Condos

Keystone, Colorado
1(877) 753-9786

Mi Casa Mexican Restaurant

Restaurant | "Mi Casa Restaurant"

We walked off the slopes and into Mi Casa just in time to hit their Happy Hour special, where you can get $1 off all margaritas, have free chips and salsa, and get 99-cent tacos. The atmosphere was warm and buzzing--a lot of people had just come off the slopes too. I had a frozen strawberry margarita, and my boyfriend had a regular margarita, and they were strong but still tasted good. The quesadillas were great too. The quality of the food was great, regardless of price, but the good part is that the prices are very reasonable!

Mi Casa Mexican Restaurant
600 South Park Avenue
Breckenridge, Colorado 80424
(970) 453-2071

Der Fondue Chessel

Our experience at this fondue restaurant was good and bad. The meal was great, with lots of choices. We started with a great salad, then went to the cheese fondue, dipping bread, apples, and vegetables. Then we moved on to the meat. We grilled our own meat and then dipped it into a variety of sauces. WARNING: be sure to cook your meat until it is fully done. Don't be in a hurry to cook the meat. A couple of the people in my party may have eaten some of the shrimp or scallops before they were fully cooked, and they paid for it later with upset stomachs, which isn't fun on the ride back in the gondola. Getting back to the meal, the chocolate fondue was unbelievable. We had angel food cake, strawbe...Read More

Der Fondue Chessel
1437 Summit County Road 150
Keystone, Colorado 80435

Snowmobiling

Story/Tip

We went to Good Times Snowmobiling in Breckenridge and had a fun time! The staff was helpful and knowledgeable, as well as laid-back. I was with a group of four people in all, and my boyfriend drove the sled most of the time, but I also had a couple minutes to drive it on the trail after practicing on the practice track.

We took about a 2-hour run and went to the Continental Divide. We had five sleds in all in our tour and took a couple of rest stops to take in the view and use the restroom.

This would be a good family event. It is also fun for couples.