Las Vegas Journals

Honeymoon in Vegas

An October 2004 trip to Las Vegas by jaemeann

Quote: Being a newlywed in Vegas was a blast--what a fun way to go!

Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino

Hotel | "THE Hotel (at Mandalay Bay)"

What a room! There was a fabulous separate living room area, bedroom, and two bathrooms! The master bathroom was by far the best part, with a huge soaking tub, which I took advantage of daily! There was a small flat-screen TV in the bathroom - how fab! Incredibly comfortable bedding, down comforter, and soft sheets made short afternoon naps a must! The staff was fabulous. The hotel has such a distinct feel to it - when you walk through the corridor from Mandalay Bay, it almost feels as if you are walking right out of Las Vegas. It is such a nice departure.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on March 3, 2005

Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino
3950 Las Vegas Blvd. South

Cheesecake Factory at The Forum Shops

Restaurant | "Cheesecake Factory"

Dinner at a Cheesecake Factory is always fun. The Caesar's Palace location is great! We decided, instead of waiting for a table, to hop up to the bar and eat there. Our bartender/server was great, very personable, and had all kinds of fun stories for us, but he also knew when to stay out of conversation. We had drinks and dinner and then decided we were having too much fun to leave! So we stayed and had a few more drinks before walking back to our hotel. What made the night for me: Cheesecake used to have a mint julep on the menu, and I was so disappointed to see it removed (they were wonderful), but to my delight, our knowledgeable bartender made one for me on the spot! I was delighted!

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on March 3, 2005

Cheesecake Factory at The Forum Shops
3500 South Las Vegas Blvd.
Las Vegas 89109

House of Blues

We had breakfast a couple of times at the HOB, which had tasty and cheap food and great service. Our favorite part was, with your check, you get a coupon for a buy-one, get-one free breakfast the next morning! There was enough variety on the menu for this deal to last a few days!

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on March 3, 2005

House of Blues
3950 Las Vegas Blvd South
(702) 632 7600

Fashion Show Mall

My husband and I had won some money playing craps one evening and decided the next day to go blow some of it. We walked from Mandalay Bay all the way down the Strip to the Fashion Show Mall. When asking for directions, people told us we were crazy to walk, but it was actually a lot of fun! We got to see every large hotel and everything in between along the way - quite fun. The mall itself was fabulous! Being from Chicago and living in Nebraska has had a devastating effect on my shopping options - it was so much fun to look at the listing of the stores, and of course, to blow some money! It was definitely worth the walk!

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on March 3, 2005

Fashion Show Mall
3200 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, Nevada 89109

Hard Rock Hotel & Casino

Attraction | "Hard Rock Casino & Hotel"

I've stayed at the Hard Rock a few times and always had fun and won money at blackjack, so we decided to grab a cab and head over. Big mistake--there were incredibly rude dealers, which I'd never experienced before here, but I must say I would think twice about going back.

Member Rating 1 out of 5 on March 3, 2005

Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
4455 Paradise Road
Las Vegas, Nevada 89109

Mandalay Bay Hotel & Casino

Attraction | "Mandalay Bay Casino"

During this visit, the baseball season was coming to a close, and the playoffs were in full swing; I had never been in a sports book area of a casino in my life and am not much for watching/betting on sports. However, my husband was engrossed with the playoffs, and I must say I had a fun time! Eating hot dogs, drinking beer, and watching baseball with a big group on a big screen was a blast! I was suprised to find I had a fun time, with comfy chairs for long games and a great atmosphere.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on March 3, 2005