Cozumel Journals

A Week in Paradise

A February 2005 trip to Cozumel by 1stTimeSnorkler

Paradise Beach Photo, Cozumel, Mexico More Photos
Quote: This trip was to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. My husband has been to Cozumel several times, but this was my first visit.

Fiesta Americana Cozumel Dive Resort

Hotel | "Fiesta American Dive Resort"

Fiesta Americana Cozumel Dive Resort Photo, Cozumel, Mexico
The room was nice, light, airy, and very clean. We were on the bottom floor and thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. The staff was courteous and friendly. The food at the hotel was expensive and not that great, but we were farther from town and it was just as cheap to eat there than to get a taxi into town.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on February 28, 2005

Fiesta Americana Cozumel Dive Resort
Carretera a Chankanaab Km 7.5 Zona Hotelera Sur
Cozumel, Quintana Roo, Mexico 77600
52-9878729600

Carlos 'n Charlie's

Restaurant | "Carlos N Charlies"

Carlos 'n Charlie's Photo, Cozumel, Mexico
We had a great meal. I had charbroiled chicken, which was delicious, and my husband had the ribs. He loved his meal too. The waiters were great and entertaining. The atmosphere is loud but fun.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on February 28, 2005

Carlos 'n Charlie's
Av. Rafael Melgar No. 551, Loc. BR-2 Entre Calle 7 y Calle 11 Sur
Cozumel, Quintana Roo, Mexico 77600
987 869 1647

Paradise Beach

Attraction | "Swimming and Snorkeling"

Paradise Beach Photo, Cozumel, Mexico
This is a very nice beach with lots of amenities provided at no charge. Waiters come to your beach chairs with a menu and bring you whatever you order from restaurant or bar. It was well kept and clean and the staff was very courteous and friendly. I loved the view and the snorkeling was good.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on March 1, 2005

Paradise Beach
Carretera Costera Sur Km 14.5
Cozumel, Yucatan Peninsula 77600
011 52 987 871 9

Snorkeling

Story/Tip

Snorkeling Photo, Cozumel, Mexico
I don't remember the name of this small beach area, but we were on a Jeep Tour around the island. This was our first stop. We snorkeled for about 1 hour and saw so many beautiful fish.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on March 1, 2005

Sunset Views!

Attraction | "Watching the Sunset"

Sunset Views! Photo, Cozumel, Mexico
We had many beautiful sunrises and lots of spectacular sunsets! I have included a sunset from our first night in Cozumel. Lots of cruise ships can be seen each day, and they leave around dusk.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on March 1, 2005