Las Vegas Journals

Las Vegas Trip 2000

An October 2000 trip to Las Vegas by cowfd

Quote: Our 1st trip to Las Vegas. We thought 1 week would be enough to see everything.....boy were we wrong! We'll go back, but with a little more information next time :)

Las Vegas Trip 2000

One of the most memorable and romantic things we did was have dinner 800 feet in the air. We dined at the Stratusphere overlooking the entire city of Las Vegas, while we rotated around in the tower. The view was amazing. The dinner was fabulous, and the service was perfect. We also had breathtaking views from the Hoover Dam. Another wonderful thing was seeing my own home state re-created 3000 miles away. The New York, New York was so detailed, that there are things you would only realize they managed to re-create if you were from here.Quick Tips: Decide before you travel to Las Vegas if you plan to stay within Las Vegas, or if you plan to travel to many of the outside attractions as well (suc...Read More
This buffett has everything from sushi to pasta. There is an excellent salad bar, then you go to each of the different "stations" for the type of food you want. One has all of the meats (steak, turkey, ham, etc.) another station is all italian (pasta, sauces, sausage, cheeses) another station is all seafood, cooked any which way you can imagine, then there's the fried station....everything is, you guessed it, FRIED...my favorite station is the sushi bar, then there's Chinese, German, I can keep going. But for this price and the quality of the food, you need to be there yourself! I will definitely go back!

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on December 29, 2000

Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino: Carnival World Buffet
3700 W Flamingo Rd
Las Vegas, Nevada 89103

Hoover Dam

Attraction | "The Hoover Dam"

The Hoover Dam was a very cool experience. I will say that everyone should probably go once. The one problem I had with it was, after taking the tour (which was interesting) there really is nothing else to do there. Unfortunately if you are staying in Las Vegas it is a drive...I wished there was more to do at or near the Dam to make it a little more worth the trip. Cool place to see, but a one time only trip for me.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on December 29, 2000

Hoover Dam
US Highway 93 at the Nevada-Arizona border
Las Vegas, Nevada 89101

Lance Burton Theater at the Monte Carlo

Attraction | "Lance Burton"

A great, down to earth, funny and articulate magician. This performance was fantastic! I would definitely see him again. He is very memorable, probably one the best illusionist I have ever seen. He even takes a part of his show to bring the kids up on the stage to take part in some of the magic. I think what makes this show so great is that Lance Burton is very "real".

Lance Burton Theater at the Monte Carlo
3770 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, Nevada 89109

Blue Man Group at The Venetian

Attraction | "Blue Man Group"

For those of you who don't know, these are the blue faced men from the Pentium commercials, and yes, they are a real group :) These guys put on the most amazing show I ever saw! A combination of art, music, humor, and whatever else you could possibly throw together in 1 show....without EVER speaking! They never utter a word, yet everyone in the audience is constantly laughing and looking all wide eyed at they stage, so they don't miss anything. If you only get to see one show ever again in your life...make it this one! I wish I could tell you more, but this group and their performance isn't even something you could describe or classify...truly amazing!!!

Blue Man Group at The Venetian
3355 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, Nevada 89109
(866) 641-SHOW

New York New York Hotel and Casino

Attraction | "New York, New York"

This is a fantastic re-creation of NY with detail that a native New Yorker could appreciate. They covered everything from the lamp posts in Cntral Park to parking meters next to the "outdoor" tables in front of the eateries. They have cobblestone pathways through the eating areas, and even covered the menus on the fake apartment doors...just like home, including "steam" rising from the subway vents!

New York New York Hotel and Casino