Las Vegas Journals

Wild West Tour 2004

An April 2004 trip to Las Vegas by Nancy&Doug

The Penrose Photo, Las Vegas, Nevada More Photos
Quote: We created a trip/tour of California, Arizona, and Las Vegas when we were invited to a wedding of friends in La Jolla, California. It was a wonderful circle tour of the main sights in that part of the US. I recommend it to anyone who has 2 weeks to spend.

The Penrose

Hotel

The Penrose Photo, Las Vegas, Nevada
This is an absolutely beautiful bed-and-breakfast in a spectacular area of the country. The house was purpose-built, and the hosts could not have been more accommodating. The room was luxurious and had amazing views of the Red Rocks from a wall of windows. I give my highest recommendation to The Penrose.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on February 2, 2005

The Penrose
250 Red Butte Drive
Sedona, Arizona

Venetian Resort Hotel Casino

Hotel | "The Venetian"

Venetian Resort Hotel Casino Photo, Las Vegas, Nevada
We stayed in a large suite with two queen-size beds and a marble bathroom that is standard only by Venetian standards. Our view of Treasure Island, The Mirage, and the mountains in the background was beautiful.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on February 2, 2005

Venetian Resort Hotel Casino
3355 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, Nevada 89109

Wild Animal Park

Wild Animal Park Photo, Escondido, California
I'm not a fan of zoos, but I did enjoy our trip to the Wild Animal Park, the breeding center for the San Diego Zoo. A train safari takes guests through the massive facility. One could take this train ride several times and see different animals on each trip.

We also enjoyed the butterfly house. I never knew there were so many different colorful butterflies out there.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on February 2, 2005