New York Journals

My Week at The Manhattan Club

A January 2005 trip to New York by decolady424

Quote: We spent a week in NYC and really loved it!

My Week at The Manhattan Club

Since we knew we were going to be in the city well in advance (6 months), I wrote and called for free TV show tickets. We were able to see Live with Regis and Kelly, The View, Conan O'Brien, and The Daily Show. All were free and great entertainment--just allow 1 to 2 hours for waiting in line.Quick Tips: Take advantage of the Internet before you go! Look at NYCPass and www.high5tix.com for discounts. Also look up RUSH tickets at some Broadway shows.Best Way To Get Around: USE THE SUBWAY! A 7-day unlimited MetroCard is only , much cheaper than cabs. The card is good for the buses too! Get a subway and bus map, and you will find that you can get just about anywhere with your Metr...Read More

Manhattan Club

Hotel | "The Manhattan Club"

This is a beautiful timeshare in NYC that is right across the street from Carnegie Hall. It's in a perfect location. I had a spacious one-bedroom suite with a kitchenette. Maid service is included daily, with coffee and popcorn provided each day as well.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on January 23, 2005

Manhattan Club
200 West 56th St.
New York, New York 10019

Wo Hop

If you want to eat Chinese food where the Chinese people eat, check out Wo Hop. It's nothing fancy, but it has good, good food! Go downstairs and be warned, the portions are quite large.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on January 23, 2005

Wo Hop
17 Mott Street
New York, New York 10013

Cucina di Pesce

This is a small, quaint Italian restaurant with delicious food and generous portions. It's kind of off the beaten path, with very reasonable prices for the quality of food. Very good!

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on January 23, 2005