Cancun Journals

Sunny Cancun in February

A February 2004 trip to Cancun by ColettePenland

Casa de Margarita Photo, Cancun, Mexico More Photos
Quote: Cancun is a place I look forward to visiting every February with my company. And having the entire trip paid for isn't too shabby, either.

Marriott CasaMagna Cancun Resort

Hotel | "Casa Magna Marriott Cancun Resort"

Marriott CasaMagna Cancun Resort Photo, Cancun, Mexico
We love this place! With wonderful customer service and excellent food, the hotel is classy and kept very clean. We are returning here in February of this year, too.

The beach is beautiful, and the pool is grand. The rooms were spacious, and everyone had a view.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on January 16, 2005

Marriott CasaMagna Cancun Resort
Boulevard Kukulcan, Retorno Chac L-41, Zona Hotelera
Boulevard Kukulcan, Retorno CCancun, Quintana Roo. Mexico 77500
52-998-881-2000

La Habichuela

La Habichuela Photo, Cancun, Mexico
Year after year we return to this authentic Mexican restaurant with a group of about 15. Located in downtown Cancun and a far different outside atmosphere than the resort section of the city, you would never find this place if you weren't looking for it. But just wait until you step inside... We always request to eat out on the back patio. This place is walled in and covered by a canopy of foliage. White lights keep the place illuminated but not too bright. We sit at iron tables. My favorite part of the dinner is to watch the skilled and friendly waiters with their presentation of the coffee drinks. Ask for one of the many after dinner/coffee drinks (with alcohol) and they create a ...Read More

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on January 16, 2005

La Habichuela
Margaritas 25
01 998 884 3158

Casa de Margarita

Casa de Margarita Photo, Cancun, Mexico
This is a fun place for the whole family!

We have made it a point to come here year after year due to the great local food, local entertainment, and extensive choice of frozen margaritas (where else could you try a banana margarita?).

The dancers, mariachi band, and other local musicians keep you entertained while you are waiting for your food. And you can get your photo taken in a huge sombrero (see photos) as a souvenir. (You can buy the photo and a cute frame, but since we did that the year before, we just used our digital to get some pics.)

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on January 16, 2005

Casa de Margarita
La Isla Shopping Center

Cambalache

Cambalache Photo, Cancun, Mexico
We tried this Argentinian steakhouse called Cambalache and really liked it. As many places were full, this one was a sister restaurant of another place we tried to get into. I was pleasantly surprised. We were a reservation of 14, and they accommodated us very well. I started with a wonderful waldorf salad. Another friend of mine got the tuna carpaccio, and that was wonderful (if you like sushi-type fish). Another got the veal carpaccio, which was equally good, and both were prepared at the table. The portion size of the entrees was unbelieveable--such large cuts of beef and chicken that two people could slit it (or one could have leftovers). I got the tenderloin (the closest they have to fi...Read More

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on February 14, 2005

Cambalache
The Forum

La Boom

La Boom Photo, Cancun, Mexico
My company booked the entire club "La Boom" for our company, as this trip was a company trip. This is why I cannot comment on the drink prices or cover charge.

Aside from that, the place was pumping. We really had a good time, and they played great dance music. The club was large enough that I didn't feel like it was overcrowded. The waitstaff was very nice to us there.

If you want to learn more about the club, go to www.laboom.com.mx.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on February 14, 2005

La Boom
Boulevard Kukulcan Km 3.5

Parque Nizuc

Story/Tip

Colette getting kissed by the dolphins Photo, Cancun, Mexico
The Parque Nizuc is a nice place to go for a few types of fun. There are all sorts of fun activities for the warm weather: going down water slides, floating in rafts down the lazy river for a quiet ride, catching a water show, surfing in the wave pool, or floating with the whole family in the Bubba Tub. For those with children, try the Bubble Up. But my favorite part was swimming with the dolphins! I always wanted to do this!!!! Not only can you have your pictures taken getting a wet dolphin kiss (see pictures below of me and my husband), but you can be pushed through the top of the water like a flying angel by two dolphins! You can...Read More