Las Vegas Journals

Week before New Year's 2004/2005 in Las Vegas

A December 2004 trip to Las Vegas by LoisRose

Quote: Highlights: Venetian Gondola Ride, The Luxor and its King Tut Museum, Paris Eiffel Tower and restaurants, Tangerine Nightclub at Treasure Island

Buccaneer Bay Club

Restaurant | "Buccaneer Bay at Treasure Island"

I thought the decor was interesting and fun, but I asked for a window to be able to view the "Sirens of Treasure Island" pirate show, and we were given a tiny window with a view of a construction site across the street (although they did give us passes to watch the show the next day from the VIP area downstairs). I had made reservations through Vegas.com. I would recommend making reservations directly with the restaurant, if possible, if you desire a window with a good view of the show. Shows are every 90 minutes at 5:30, 7, 8:30, and 10pm.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on January 8, 2005

Buccaneer Bay Club
3300 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, Nevada 89109
+1 702 894 7223

Tangerine Nightclub

Attraction | "Tangerine Nightclub at Treasure Island"

This nightclub has a view of the Sirens and Pirates Show from the outside patio area. We went early on their opening night, so it was not crowded. The club opened at 4:30pm, and since we arrived before 9pm, we were not charged the cover.

The colors/lighting were cool. We are in our 30s, and the music was a good mix for us. It's a small club, so I recommend getting there early for a seat outside for the view of the Siren/Pirate show, which happens at 5:30, 7, 8:30, and 10pm.

If anyone goes and finds that anything I've mentioned has changed (hours, music, crowd, etc.), please let me know!

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on January 8, 2005

Tangerine Nightclub
Treasure Island / 3300 Las Vegas Blvd
Las Vegas, Nevada 89109

Luxor Las Vegas

Attraction | "Luxor Pyramid"

Upon entering, I was awed by the view of the inside of the pyramid to the top. This is one of the least "casino-like" casinos in Las Vegas. The lighting is subdued. The entranceway is lined with huge Egyptian-style statues, not slot machines. I don't smoke, and after all the stinky casinos I walked through on this trip, The Luxor was refreshing. It actually smells wonderful! Near the escalator to the second level, I noticed the emanation of a wonderful essential oil fragrance. I am allergic to perfume, but this was a very pleasurable fragrance and added to the ambience. The King Tut Museum is only $5 and features full-size replicas of all the most interesting artifacts from the original...Read More

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on January 8, 2005

Luxor Las Vegas
3900 South Las Vegas Blvd.
Las Vegas, Nevada