Paris Journals

Cathédrale Notre-Dame Photo, Paris, France More Photos
Quote: Paris revisited.

Doree

Hotel | "Hotel Doree"

I feel bad saying I don’t recommend this hotel, as the hotel owner and her husband were charming and quirky. Ellen was helpful and chatty and the only endearing quality of this hotel.

I didn't quite get what was going on in this hotel, but our room was the kind where I just didn’t feel comfortable touching anything. Not exactly the best way to get a comfortable night's sleep, huh?

One of my friends even had a candy bar stolen from the room by the cleaning staff.

Member Rating 1 out of 5 on November 30, 2004

Doree
66 Boulevard Barbès
Paris, France 75018
1 42 62 31 81

Angelina

This cafe is touristy, but they still have a damn good chocolat chaud and some of my favorite chocolates. The food is okay. They have mostly a lunchtime crowd (not open for dinner, and they only serve coffee/tea for breakfast) and serve salads, sandwiches, and quiche. Try the Mont Blanc if you like meringue.

I don’t recommend going too early in the morning. We were the first ones there in the morning one day, and the hot cocoa just wasn't as hot as it should be. I can't turn down chocolate anyway, but I think the staff is a little more on the ball at lunchtime.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on November 30, 2004

Angelina
226 rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001
01 42 60 82 00

La Table D'Anvers

Reasonable price for a well-prepared meal. They have a large selection for the prix-fixe menu. They served our pumpkin soup in the pumpkin! Charming.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on November 30, 2004

La Table D'Anvers
2 place d’Anvers
Paris, France

Cathédrale Notre-Dame

Attraction | "Notre Dame de Paris"

Cathédrale Notre-Dame Photo, Paris, France
If you go to Paris, you have to go to Notre Dame. It’s a beautiful cathedral, and although it's a typical tourist stop, it's with good reason. The Rose window is gorgeous, and even though I have seen it three times now and have been in other cathedrals, this window still makes me stand in awe for a moment. I always forget just how beautiful it is until I see it. To go into the cathedral is free. You are free to walk around or even attend service when it’s going on. It’s also fairly easy to take photos without really getting any dirty looks. I highly recommend, if you are up for it, the climb up to the bell tower. I have been to the cathedral three times, and this is the first t...Read More

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on January 11, 2005