Cancun Journals

Family in Cancun

A January 2004 trip to Cancun by rosaleen

Quote: Enjoyable time in Cancun with a two-year-old and a five-year-old!!
Best Things Nearby:The beach -- we rented a mini-van and drove to Chitzen Itza. This is not to be missed. I felt it was the chance of a lifetime.Best Things About the Resort:The size of this resort was great for wheeling the baby around, and the food was pretty good for an all-inclusive.Resort Experience:We had three rooms at this resort. We stayed in the main building, so we could be with the rest of our family (the villa building seemed nicer). The units were nice, and we had a balcony overlooking the lagoon. The pool area was very nice, and there were music and activities all day. The kids' club was the best. My son stayed there all day long (he was five at...Read More

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on November 18, 2004

Hotel y Villas Solaris Cancun/Club Solaris Cancun/Grand Royal Solaris
Lote 63-64 Boulevard Kukulcan
Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico
52/9988488400

Bogart's Restaurant

Restaurant | "Bogart's"

This is a gorgeous, romantic restaurant. It has all these beautiful Moorish decorations. They even put a pillow under my feet. Great service, but I didn't feel the food was extraordinary. It wasn't bad, but the gorgeous interior makes you want more.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on November 18, 2004

Bogart's Restaurant
Kukulcan Boulevard
Cancun, Mexico
+52 (98) 83-1133

La Habichuela

This is a gorgeous restaurant. We sat in the "patio" area in big wicker chairs. I had their specialty dish, which was served in a coconut (it was recommended by a family member who had been there before). It was awesome food. This is fine dining that leaves you wanting to return.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on November 18, 2004