Gold Coast Journals

Paradise Island

A travel journal to Gold Coast by shazza's

Quote: Do you want a great location with everything within walking distance? I have found a great getaway in the middle of paradise. Paradise Island is in the heart of the Gold Coast and within walking distance to everything.
I stayed in a hotel room with a beatiful view of the river. The resort had a great pool area. We had a BBQ by the river and watched the fish swimming by. We played tennis and I won. Walking into town was a 10-minute walk and the beaches are fantastic. I spent many hours relaxing by the water. The hotel staff was very kind and easy to talk to.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on November 1, 2004

BreakFree Paradise Island Resort
1 Paradise Island
Surfers Paradise, Australia
61-7-5531-5600

Cafe Carinya

Restaurant | "Cafe Carinya at ANA Hotel"

This was a relaxing night out. I was taken for a romantic dinner, and as seafood is my first pick when going out, I was in heaven. I could eat as much of my favourite food as I wanted. We were seated at a table out of the way, which was very personal. The waitress was excellent and was there even if we looked her way. The food was always being topped up, and you never had to wait. I had the best night and won't forget it.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on November 1, 2004

Cafe Carinya
22 View Ave., Gold Coast Highway
Gold Coast, Australia
07 55 791 000

Things to Do!

Story/Tip

Going for walks along the beach is a must on anyone's holiday to the coast. I went and experienced Infinity, which is in the Chevron Renaissance, in the middle of surfing territory. It cost $19.90 per adult and is worth every cent. You walk throughout all these different rooms with amazing light displays; it's an experience and a half.

For the market lovers, I have the best markets -- the Carrara Markets. There is every type of stall you can imagine. These markets have a bus running to and from surfers' paradise, and this helps if you don't have your own transport. This is a free activity held on Saturdays and Sundays, and you could easily spend a full day here.

I had the time to go to Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. This was the best day- I just walk around at my own pace. I got to pat a baby crocodile and hold a koala. The staff was there to answer any questions I had on the animals. There are talks held during the day. I suggest that when you arrive, you look at the talk times to see if there is anything you want to listen to. We took a picnic and found a nice spot under a tree. They also have plenty of places to buy food and drinks. At most of the animal shows, you can have photos taken and purchase them at a reasonable price. They have bird feeding in the afternoon, where you buy bird seed, and the birds will land on your hand. The kids lo...Read More