Las Vegas Journals

Las Vegas in a flash

An August 2004 trip to Las Vegas by DEZdimona

Quote: We did a "whistle stop" tour of Las Vegas with our children at the end of a four-week tour of the western part of the US.

Wyndham Grand Desert

Hotel | "Fairfield Grand Desert"

Best Things Nearby:It was only 1 mile from the strip.Best Things About the Resort:The best thing was the size of rooms.Resort Experience:It's on a huge block, 1 mile from the strip, so it offers you a break from the hustle and bustle of the Las Vegas. The activity centre is great for the kids, so they have a chance to meet other kids in this very adult city. Rooms are fully equipped with all modern amenities. Unit Type: 2 Bedroom Activities: Excellent Amenities: Excellent Unit Satisfaction: Excellent ...Read More

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on October 25, 2004

Wyndham Grand Desert
265 East Harmon Avenue
Las Vegas, Nevada 89109
(800) 4386493

Fremont Street Experience

Attraction | "Freemont Street Experience"

The timeshare offers an excursion into Freemont Street. It was a fantastic evening, bringing back all memories of the Las Vegas we know from the old movies. There is a laser-beam show every hour. I'm not from the USA and whilst the show was on, I wished I was. It would make anyone proud to be an American. There were lots of “buskers,” so there was plenty for the kids to experience and see.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on October 25, 2004

Fremont Street Experience
Westernmost 5 Blocks Of Fremont
Las Vegas, Nevada 89101
(702) 678 5777

Grand Canyon National Park

Attraction | "Grand Canyon by Air"

We visited the canyon en route from Phoenix to Las Vegas, so we didn’t have much time to do a stop-and-drive visit, instead opting to do a helicopter trip. It was awesome. We did the longer tour (45 minutes), and I did feel that we saw enough to be able to appreciate the enormity and beauty of the canyon. It is truly amazing. At times I didn’t know where to look for fear of missing out on something. There is an audiotape playing whilst you fly over, giving you the history of the canyon. At the major stops along the rim of the canyon, there are park officials to answer any of your queries. Don’t even think twice about the helicopter flight; it was well worth the expense.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on October 25, 2004