Myrtle Beach Journals

Overjoyed with Myrtle Beach

A February 2004 trip to Myrtle Beach by 2travel2

Quote: As a divorced, single female senior citizen, I began alone my search for a destination where I would like to be a snowbird. A beach, sunny days and other available activities were at the top of my needs list.

Bonefish Grill

The meal was expensive in comparison to other establishments in the area and the food was not top notch. They served wine and other drinks. I will not revisit.

Bonefish Grill
7401 N Kings Hwy

Tripps at Broadway

Restaurant | "Tripps"

The food was excellent and portions were very adequate. A very nice atmosphere. I will be eating there again. This is located in a complex, Broadway at the Beach, with other dining, nightlife, shopping, and entertainment options.

Tripps at Broadway
1311 Celebrity Circle

Tony Roma's Restaurant

Restaurant | "Tony Roma's"

This is also located at Broadway at the Beach, the dining, shopping, nightlife, entertainment complex. The restaurant is very large and noted for its ribs, but I had steak. This would be within walking distance from any oceanfront lodging for someone who enjoys walking. Buses also connect this complex with areas where most of the resorts, etc. are located. I will revisit.

Tony Roma's Restaurant
1317 Celebrity Circle

River City Cafe

There are several of these located in the area. The one I visited was close to the ocean. They have peanuts in the shell on the tables and you throw the shells on the floor. The menu had a lot of different burgers. I had a peanut butter burger! I couldn't decide on any other kind. The french fries were terrible. They have a lot of coupons available. I will not revisit.

River City Cafe
404 21st Ave.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29582
(843) 448-1990

T-Bonz Gill & Grill

Restaurant | "T-Bone's"

This is located in Barefoot Landing which is another dining, entertainment, shopping complex on the north end of Myrtle Beach. The menu has more than t-bones but I had the t-bone. I will revisit.

T-Bonz Gill & Grill
1169 Seaboard St.

Landry's Seafood House

Restaurant | "Landry's Seafood"

This is another restaurant located in the Broadway at the Beach complex. There are coupons in the area for a free dessert which was very chocolate! I have revisited already.

Landry's Seafood House
1312 Celebrity Cir

Pier 14 Restaurant Lounge

Restaurant | "Pier 14"

This is located just as the name implies out above the ocean on pier 14. It is one of the more expensive places that I have eaten, but the food was not impressive. I had crab cakes and it was the first time. It might be that I just don't like crab cakes. It was the cheapest thing on the menu, I think, at about $18. I will not revisit.

Pier 14 Restaurant Lounge
1306 N Ocean Blvd

Fisherman's Market

There a couple of these restaurants in the area. The one I visited is located south of Myrtle Beach in one of the small towns along the highway along the coast on the way to Georgetown. Hush puppies are served with all meals. That was a first for me. I had catfish here. I will revisit.

Fisherman's Market
3520 Highway 17 Business
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29576

Fuddruckers

This is located in the center of Myrtle Beach running parallel to the ocean two blocks away. This is a chain, as I see they are now building one here where I live. It is different in that you place your order when you walk in and get a number. Then you go up and get your meal when they call your number. I guess it is known for good burgers, but I had chicken. There was also a buffet/salad bar available. I will revisit.

Fuddruckers
2101 N Kings Hwy

Alabama Theatre

Attraction | "Alabama Theater"

Phone: 843-272-5758 This is located in the Barefoot Landing complex north of Myrtle Beach. They have nightly musical performances by local entertainers -- mostly singers. It was very enjoyable. I went back again for a special one night performance of the Platters, Coasters and Drifters. Two-thirds of this performance was outstanding. Tickets for this production were $32.95 each. All seats with unobstructed views. I was told that during the year, the regular nightly shows change 3 times. Christmas season shows begin in November. That is followed by a show in the spring and then another new show in the fall. I plan to attend the new shows at this theater ...Read More

Alabama Theatre
4750 Highway 17 South Barefoot Landing
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29582
+1 843 272 1111; +1

Carolina Opry

Phone: 843-913-1400

This is located in the area north of Broadway at the Beach. I saw the show named "One". I was given a free ticket for this show from a timeshare presenter.

This was fantastic.

I will try to attend new shows at this venue in the future.

Carolina Opry
8901 Hwy17n

Dixie Stampede

Attraction | "Dixie Stampede Dinner and Show"

Phone: 843-497-9700 There is a warm up act (jugglers) before you enter the room where you sit in a U arrangment of benches around the area where the horses, singers, and other animals perform. This production did employee a huge number of college age people riding the horses, etc. There was a mock type of war between the N and the S. Lovers of horses and children probably would enjoy this attraction more than I did. I would not return even if the productions change. I had a discounted ticket that was given by a timeshare presenter. The dinner was unique because you ate it with your hands. The food quality was fair although many others sitting around me...Read More

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on October 9, 2004

Dixie Stampede
8901 Highway 17 North.
(843) 497 6767

Ripley's Aquarium

Phone: 843-916-0888

This is part of the Broadway at the Beach complex.

It is unique because you are going through a tunnel with fish on both sides of you and overhead. You can either ride the conveyor belt or walk at your own pace along the edges of the belt. I was expecting more colorful fish.

I will not revisit.