Miami Journals

SOUTH BEACH, FLORIDA in MAY

A May 2004 trip to Miami by WIIFUS

Quote: I love South Beach! The beautiful scenery! The gorgeous beachfronts! The cool restaurants!!

Miami Beach Resort

Hotel | "Wyndham Miami Beach Resort"

I got a great American Express deal where you buy 3 nights and get one free, and since I was traveling with the kids...I upgraded to a suite! Really glad I did! We needed the extra room. It was a great hotel...so good the kids didn't want to leave the pool! Beautiful surroundings!

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on September 28, 2004

Miami Beach Resort
4833 Collins Avenue
Miami Beach, Florida 33140

Big Pink

I had a TERRIBLE experience at the BIG PINK, and this place came highly recommended. The food was fine, but the SERVICE was AWFUL, and when we had to get the manager because it took forever to get our food and it wasn't that busy in the restaurant, we witnessed the server yelling at the manager about the situation...like we were complaining for no reason. It was not good...parking is also terrible...would NEVER eat there again. Also, it is very loud in there!

Member Rating 1 out of 5 on September 28, 2004

Big Pink
157 Collins Avenue
Miami Beach, Florida 33139

Little Havana

I am half Puerto Rican, and being from California, there is not a whole lot of selection for restaurants that serve this type of food...Mexican, yes; Puerto Rican/Cuban, no. Little Havana was filled with restaurants that served ALL of my favorites! I was in heaven! Cute place!

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on September 28, 2004

Little Havana
Miami River, Sw 11th Street, Sw 22nd Ave. And I-95
Miami, Florida

CocoWalk

I love the COCOWALK! It is a great place to go and check out local artisans and just people-watch. This is a very busy place and we had a GREAT time as a family visiting it! We ate dinner and just walked around all of the little shops! Everyone brings their dog with them! My daughter was in heaven!

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on September 28, 2004