Montego Bay Journals

Jamaica with Brandy

A May 2004 trip to Montego Bay by greasyguide

Half Moon, Montego Bay Photo, Montego Bay, Jamaica More Photos
Quote: Read about my trip to Jamaica while on a press junket with R&B superstar Brandy.

Half Moon, Montego Bay

Hotel | "Half-Moon Resort"

Half Moon, Montego Bay Photo, Montego Bay, Jamaica
Best Things Nearby:The most beautiful blue water you will ever see. Views out on the water from your room really put you at peace with the world.Best Things About the Resort:You will have a butler and maid who are locals and will cook you the most wonderful personalized breakfest you'll ever have. Sorry Mom, but having Bammy and Salt Fish for breakfast is the way to go. Resort Experience:We stayed in a villa over looking the ocean and the golf course. The view was breathtaking. You'll find yourself often just sitting there looking at the wonders that untouched tropical nature has to offer. You'll probably start calculating how you'll move to Jamaica and live t...Read More

Half Moon, Montego Bay
ROSEHALL
876-953-2211

Sugar Mill

Sugar Mill Photo, Montego Bay, Jamaica
During our last night in Jamaica, Brandy hosted a dinner with the press. Brandy was very friendly and approachable. She laughed and chilled with everyone and was nice enough to pose with me for a pic. We dined on a buffet of island foods, fresh veggies, and a full array of desserts. The food was so good that people where going back three or four times to fill their plates. The dinner was sponsored by Appleton Rum, one of the best-tasting rums you'll ever have. The tables were decorated with Appleton rum bottles so, we being the drunks that we are, carted off as much liquor as could fill our bags. As you can see from the pics, we all got quite a hall.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on September 11, 2004

Sugar Mill
Half-Moon Resort

Silent Waters Villa

Silent Waters Villa Photo, Montego Bay, Jamaica
This is one of the MOST beautiful spots that you will ever visit. The view is out of this world. This was the spot where Star Jones and her good girlfriends celebrated her 40th birthday.

The luxury estate is surrounded by a bounty of tropical flora overlooking Montego Bay. You’re surrounded by lush gardens, tranquil ponds, exquisite decor, fine dining, on-site tennis, a helipad, an Olympic-size pool, and nearby golf/beaches. Suites include A/C, fans, phones, and private baths. All this for a mean 20 thousand. Too rich for my blood, but one day I'll be a baller and will invite you all to celebrate my 40th birthday here.

Silent Waters Villa
Silent Water Villa

Margaritaville

Hailed as the place to party on Montego Bay’s "Hip Strip," Gloucester Avenue, Margaritaville is perfect for anyone looking for exciting entertainment, a lively atmosphere, and delicious food. Our driver said this was the spot that had good American music and lots of tourists, so we paid our J$12. You can drink juice and rum all night for free. NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT! Now after about five or eight drinks, you'll be ready to do every Jamaican dance that they call out in the club and boy do they have a million different dances. I could only keep up with the stuff that I had seen in a music video, but the locals do know how to party. Lil’ Jon and the Eastside Boyz were in the house so they ki...Read More

Margaritaville