Branson Journals

Branson or Bust

An August 2004 trip to Branson by Gypsy_90

Quote: My husband and I wanted to do something nice for ourselves and our children. We invited them to join us at our first trip to a resort.

Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede & Dinner Show

Attraction | "Dixie Stampede"

This is a definite family event. From the moment you park the car and walk to the mansion entryway an air of excitement is all around. We talked to the horses and trainers outside. The pre-show was a wonderful magic act. Once into the grand arena and seated the "party" begins. It's the North against the South once again. Our waiter was our leader as shouting matches were loud and often. The show kept our 9-month-old grand baby enthralled for 1.5 hours. The food was out of this world delicious. We did not win the fight this time but had a great time anyhow.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on August 24, 2004

Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede & Dinner Show
1525 West Highway 76
Branson, Missouri 65616

After the kids and grandkids had gone back home, we had one more adventure. I had been told that one cannot go to Branson and not see "Shepherd of the Hills". My husband and I arrived early hoping to see some the sites. To our delight "The Sons of the Pioneers" were performing and it included dinner. What a treat. Just before dark we walked down a long staircase to an outdoor theater. The actors were realistic in their roles. The play was memorable to say the least. I will go again given the opportunity.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on August 24, 2004