Escondido Journals

Southern California Perfection

A July 2004 trip to Escondido by Wendella

Quote: Our family spent 2 glorious weeks at the Lawrence Welk Resorts in Escondido, CA. My son and husband golfed to their heart's content. We swam in the resort's pools and visited LegoLand, Sea World, and the zoo. We would go back tomorrow if we could!!

Welk Resort San Diego

Hotel | "Lawrence Welk Resort"

Best Things Nearby:San Diego, San Diego Zoo, Wild Animal Park, LegoLand, Sea World, beaches (within 30 minutes), Swap Meet, Padres BaseballBest Things About the Resort:Suites were large and roomy with all of the amenities. Each area had its own pool and rec room. Lots to do ... golf, swim, shop, fish. Resort Experience:Southern California is beautiful to begin with. We liked Lawrence Welk because it was away from all of the hustle and bustle of the beach communities yet easy to get to anywhere we wanted to go. The resort has plenty of activities for kids as well as adults ... golfing, fishing, swimming, ping pong and pool, shopping, theater, bus trips, et...Read More

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on August 22, 2004

Welk Resort San Diego
8860 Lawrence Welk Drive
Escondido, California 92026

Lawrence Welk Resort Villas

Attraction | "Golf"

The courses were in excellent shape, and my husband and son enjoyed playing on them. The Par 3 was just right for my ll year old, while my husband enjoyed the larger, more difficult course.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on August 22, 2004