Seattle Journals

Quick Trip to Seattle

A June 2004 trip to Seattle by LWagBeth

Quote: This was our jumping off point for a 7-day cruise to Alaska, and we decided to go out a few days early to explore the city. It was time well spent! We packed a lot into a 48-hour period.

Quick Trip to Seattle

Don't skip anything on the tourist list: Pike Place Market, the Spaceneedle, Pioneer Square, the waterfront. Seattle is a remarkable city and easy to explore. Of course you can get a great cup of coffee every half block. We took in a baseball game at Safeco Field just to see the stadium. Cheap seats are as good as expensive ones. Take time to see the Firefighters Memorial in the old downtown area and my husband and his brother did the "underground ghost tour" and thoroughly enjoyed themselves along with learning some history about the city.Quick Tips: Take a small umbrella! It is likely to mist or rain an any time. Don't get coffee or cappucino everytime you see or smell a shop becaus...Read More

Pike Place Market

Attraction | "Shopping and Sightseeing Rolled Into One"

We only spent a few hours here but I could have spent plenty more. There were vendors for fresh seafood, vegetables, flowers, crafts, souvenirs - anything you could want. I got coffee at the original Starbuck's, bought a bouquet of dried flowers to take home to my mother, and wished I could shop there for fish and flowers weekly. Stop by the fish market to watch them toss fish and wrap them for the entertainment of customers. This is one of those places where words won't do justice. You have to see, smell and taste your way through this amazing place. It is an old Farmers Market which is multi-level and blocks long. Don't miss it!

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on August 21, 2004

Pike Place Market
85 Pike Street
Seattle, Washington 98101

Pioneer Square

Attraction | "A Seattle Must-See"

This is the original part of the city which has been built over the top of old-town. Take the underground ghost tour for some entertainment and historical lessons. Visit the firefighter's memorial. Sit awhile in the square and watch the people. Take the elevator up the oldest building in Seattle for a great view. You can spend a little time or a lot but don't miss this part of the city. Then catch a trolley to the waterfront to explore more.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on August 21, 2004