Freeport Journals

Freeport

A July 2004 trip to Freeport by redroses27

Quote: The scenery there never changes, the color of the water is just always something you can't stop looking at.

Freeport

Beach is the best there, but had a nice sand pool at the resort and the casino there wasn't as busy as other places.

Stay close to the water - it's very warm there.

We walked but had a free shuttle to the beach. They drive on the other side of the road, so I didn't dare drive.
I was disappointed and wasn't the only one. The furnishings were beautiful but had a view of the roof. They never gave us a facecloth but did give us mouthwash and no shampoo, and did give us a coffee machine with coffee but no cream or sugar.

Member Rating 1 out of 5 on July 25, 2004

Crowne Plaza at Royal Oasis
Sunrise Highway & West Mall Drive
Freeport, Bahamas

Palm Bar and Grill

The food here was good, local and inexpensive; the service was great and people very friendly. I ate the conch, but everywhere I went in the Bahamas I ate conch.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on July 25, 2004

Palm Bar and Grill
Crowne Plaza Tower at the Club Royal Oasis Golf Resort and Casino
Freeport, Bahamas

Beauty

Story/Tip

The Bahamas is just always so beautiful, from the color of the water to the palm trees; the people there are always friendly and always ready to suggest places to go, you have the marketplaces to see how the locals weave the hats, which is quite amazing, to the perfume factory where you can create your own blend. It was our second time there and I’m sure not my last. Just dress cool - it’s very warm there.