Puerto Vallarta Journals

PV Mexico 2004

A May 2004 trip to Puerto Vallarta by Mrs. King

Dune Buggy Tours Photo, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico More Photos
Quote: It was an adventure!

PV Mexico 2004

The best thing to do is go horseback riding and visit Filipe's & Roberto's Seafood Restaurant. Both have the best seafood in all of PV.

Be mindful of the money exchange rate, especially when paying the taxis. They like to keep a little extra for themselves.

Taxis are the best way to get around. However, my husband & I found ourselves walking to alot of our destinations because our resort was in a central location.

Velas Vallarta Suite All Inclusive Resort

Hotel | "Club Velas Vallarta"

Velas Vallarta Suite All Inclusive Resort Photo, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
The accommodations were great! There was a slight mix-up upon our arrival, but it was quickly resolved the next day. The staff is very friendly and the food was great. The waiters at the restaurant look forward to tips, so be sure to leave something behind although your meal is included in your stay. The same applies for Housekeeping. Please tip -- these folks work hard for a pay that's probably below our minimum wage. Be prepared, as always, to sit through their presentation. The bedding is comfortable, except for the pillows. If you desire firm support for your head -- BRING YOUR OWN PILLOW. Once you lay down, your head sinks right through the middle. Someone told us that they will give...Read More

Velas Vallarta Suite All Inclusive Resort
Av. Costera S/N, LH2 Fracc. Marina Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 48354
+52 (322) 226 9500

TTF Coach Tours

Attraction | "City & Cultural Tours"

The City & Cultural tours were extremely nice; however, the City tour seemed to be a little congested. I believe it felt that way because we were out during the lunch hour of a normal business day. The cultural tour, to me, showed the real heritage of PV. Both were very nice to go on.

TTF Coach Tours
Throughout Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Dune Buggy Tours

Attraction | "Dune Buggy Tour"

Dune Buggy Tours Photo, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
This tour is NOT for contact lens wearers. It was amazing, though, after it was over. You have to experience it for yourself. I will only say DON'T WEAR ANYTHING WHITE. Seeing the pictures below will explain why. My husband certainly enjoyed himself. They have both two- and three-wheel vehicles. It was interesting, to say the least.

Dune Buggy Tours
Maximo Tours
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Bullfights

Attraction | "Bullfighting"

Bullfights Photo, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
If I had known what I was about to see -- I probably wouldn't have gone. I've never seen a bullfight before, except for on TV. I was under the impression before we went that we were just going to see a bull chasing after a man with a "red" drape. WRONG!!! They actually killed the bull. So, if you have a weak stomach, don't go! This is their sport and there is actually a good cause of why they do it. We were told that the bull's meat is given to the needy families in the small villages. It was an experience, however, that I will never forget.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on July 22, 2004

Bullfights
La Paloma Plaza de Toros
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 48310
+52 322 224 1175

Rancho El Charro

Attraction | "Horseback Riding"

Rancho El Charro Photo, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
This was awesome. Every time we go away, we make a point of going horseback riding. It’s an awesome way to see the beauty of an island. We had very good horses. The tour guides didn't speak much English, but it was enough to point out things to us during the ride. The tour guides, however, tried to get us to go swimming on horseback, but none of us that were on the tour would budge. This is an excellent adventure and I highly recommend that you go. Take a look at some of our pictures.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on July 22, 2004