Las Vegas Journals

July in Las Vegas with Kids

A July 2004 trip to Las Vegas by Jeemar

Quote: Vacationing in Las Vegas with kids and staying at Fairfield Grand Desert in July, catching the free attractions at the hotels/casinos.

Wyndham Grand Desert

Hotel | "Fairfield Grand Desert"

Best Things Nearby:Free attractions at the hotels/casinos on the strip and M&M worldBest Things About the Resort:The unit, front desk and concierge staff. Resort Experience:Ample parking and a beautiful lobby. We had to pre-register in order to check-in. They offered snacks and drinks. Even though I requested a non-smoking room, I ended up with a smoking unit. After calling front desk, they upgraded me to a non-smoking one-bedroom unit in the same tower. We had to use room keys to use the elevator. The pool and spas are open all the time but they will kick you out if you make too much noise. The pool was not as clean as it could be. They provide yo...Read More

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on July 12, 2004

Wyndham Grand Desert
265 East Harmon Avenue
(800) 4386493

Todai Seafood & Sushi Buffet

Restaurant | "Todai Seafood & Sushi Buffet"

Excellent place to go to for sushi/seafood. Children under 12 pay half price. Since it is a buffet, best to go when hungry. The crab legs were delicious as well as the shrimp. The sushi was fresh and there was a decent variety but no yellowtail. So many hand rolls to choose from that it was difficult to try one of everything. They also offered salad bar, hot foods, noodle station and desserts which offered chocolate covered strawberries. The service was excellent. My water glass was always full and fast plate removal. I heard that if it is your birthday you can eat for free.

Todai Seafood & Sushi Buffet
3663 Las Vegas Blvd S

"O" by Cirque Du Soleil

Attraction | "Cirque du Soleil O"

The production is one-of-a-kind. I've never seen such an amazing stage in which performances revolve around a pool which alternately changes into a walking surface. I bought preferred seats which offered an up-close view. If you want to take a chance, you can go to the box office and get preferred seats just released that are not offered via telephone ticket reservations. While picking up my tickets made via reservation, even though I was told tickets were sold out for the week, they had front row seats available. Children tickets cost the same as adults.

"O" by Cirque Du Soleil
Bellagio Casino, 3600 Las Vegas Boulevard South

The Mac King Comedy Magic Show

Attraction | "Mac King"

I read in a travel book this show was great to take kids to. I agree. My kids enjoyed the magic and comedy. If you sit near the front you may be picked to participate. Kids need to be 5 and older. If you have an infant, you are allowed to bring him/her in free. They will ask you to leave the theater if the infant makes noise. Mac King will even make a joke out of it. Mac King offers free autographs.

The Mac King Comedy Magic Show
Harrah's Las Vegas, 3475 Las Vegas Blvd South
702-369-5222

Ronn Lucas (The Performance)

Attraction | "Ronn Lucas"

Ronn Lucas combines comedy with ventriloquism with his puppets. We could hardly stop laughing. He had just performed at the Ford Theater for George Bush earlier in the week. He shows clips of his show for Bill Clinton. He constantly reminds us to remember the puppets are not real, but he's so good you tend to forget. He not only makes his puppets talk, but they sing too. He gives free autographs.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on July 12, 2004

Ronn Lucas (The Performance)
Rio Casino Resort / 3700 West Flamingo Road