Aix-en-Provence Journals

Semester in Aix-en-Provence

An August 2003 trip to Aix-en-Provence by eliza0214

Provencal Flea Market Photo, Aix-en-Provence, France More Photos
Quote: I spent a semester living in Aix-en-Provence, and had many adventures along the way.

Capri Pizza

The best pizza I have ever had. The crust is perfect: not soggy, nice and crispy and toasty, not too thick, not too thin. The slices are nice and big, like I'm used to from New York. I love getting pizza in different countries and cities because the toppings vary so much. My favorite here was the pizza with peppers (poivrons). Delicious!

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on July 11, 2004

Capri Pizza
1, Rue Fabrot
Aix-en-Provence, France 13100
04 42 38 55 43

Provencal Flea Market

Attraction | "Provencal Flea Markets - Good, Bad, and Ugly"

Provencal Flea Market Photo, Aix-en-Provence, France
The South of France is known for its antiques, right? So you plan on strolling into the local flea market (marché aux puce) and finding some kind of rare antique that's been holed up in an old woman's attic and getting away with a scandalous bargain? Think again. The French know that tourists, especially Americans who lack anything old in their own country, come to France looking for antiques. Here are some of my experiences and disillusionment's: Flea market #1: This is a once-a-year flea market in a northern suburb of Aix-en-Provence, recommended by an impatient woman at the Aix tourist office. My father and I were expecting miracles, but instead found a parking lot filled with piles and...Read More

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on January 31, 2005

Provencal Flea Market
Provence
Aix-en-Provence, France

Slippery when Wet

Story/Tip

Now I know why les Aixois aren't walking around in flip-flops like us silly Americans... After slipping on some cobblestone and some marble sidewalks in the rain, I learned to wear real shoes. Luckily, cheap shoes are a dime-a-dozen, pardon the pun.

About the Writer