St. John Journals

A travel journal to St. John by Shawniebubbles

Quote: My Saint John

Thandi's

Restaurant | "D'Amicos"

D'Amicos is one place that I like to go to with friends for a glass of wine and to talk. It has a wonderful atmosphere and probably one of my favourite restaurants in Saint John. My mothers family is Italian and thus very picky about most Italian restaurants but this establishment impressed all of them. They have an open kitchen where you can see your food prepared and the best real pizzas around. If you are looking for a nice evening go down with a few people and relax, they are more interested in you having a good time and enjoying yourself than getting your money and getting you out the door. May I also suggest the parmas, eggplant, chicken, or veal. I think they are the best...Read More

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on July 5, 2004

Thandi's
33 Cantebury Street
St. John, New Brunswick

The New Brunswick Museum is a very interesting museum. It carries most pieces as you would assume in most but it seems to cater a bit to everyone. When you first walk in you get to see re-creations of the history of New Brunswick, then upstairs to see the aquatic hisotry with the skeletons swimming above your heads. The geological exibits will show you animals that you could never imagine. There is a childrens centre for kids to learn as well. Exibits both in sculputure and paintings are even furher upstairs along with exibits with ceramics and jewelry.

Don't forget to check the height of the glorious bay of fundy in the middle of the museum.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on July 5, 2004

New Brunswick Museum
Market Square

Saint John City Market

Attraction | "Going to the Market"

I am a very picky person especially about what I eat. I love to go to the market to buy my groceries for the day.

When you walk into the market it just has a certain smell and feel to it. From people showing paintings or playing music outside to the lattes or the fresh samosas.

Whatever your heart desires it's in the market and it is as fresh as you can get it. Seafood, fruits and veggies, meats, coffees, clothes and decorations. Jeremiah's has the best roast beef I have ever eaten. Java Moose for a flat white and Yogels for any sort of desert.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on July 5, 2004