Niagara Falls Journals

Niagara Falls

A June 2004 trip to Niagara Falls by Lily135

Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa Photo, Niagara Falls, Ontario More Photos
Quote: I was planning to take my parents to Niagara Falls because my father has a big thing for it. However, because of his stroke ten years ago, he is not quite mobile. I decided to use a good hotel where he could enjoy a good view from his window.

Niagara Falls

It is just a lot of water. As a family trip with baby and my father who has some trouble to walk, it was plenty of entertainment, but for healthy people, one night might be long enough to stay.

I made a reservation through the internet. One thing I noticed is that the price goes up by week. Same day, same hotel room, it does 60 dollars more for every month.

Everything is within walking distance.

Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa

Hotel | "Marriott Fallsview"

Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa Photo, Niagara Falls, Ontario
We booked a Deluxe Two Bedroom Suite, since we took my parents with us. This was a gift from us: a trip to Niagara with their grandson, who is, of course, my son. My father who cannot walk well still enjoyed the view of the falls with a beer from the room. He said, "This is the most luxurious thing." I would never have thought of staying in a hotel like this when I was younger, but there were two couples plus one baby, and our money was well spent. My parents had the room with a fantastic view. However, my husband and I were not uncomfortable because there were 2 separate rooms with a bathroom.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on July 2, 2004

Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa
6740 Fallsview Blvd
Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G3W6

Terrapin Grille Fallsview Restaurant-Marriott Fallsview

Restaurant | "Fallsview Dining in Marriott Fallsview hotel"

After 8 hours of driving, it was nice to have a restaurant in the hotel we stayed at. However, the view was a lot better from the room. The price was a little bit too high, the portion was too big. The course meal includes the ice wine, which we enjoyed the most. Maybe grilled lobster is worth trying, I do not see it much in US area.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on July 25, 2004

Terrapin Grille Fallsview Restaurant-Marriott Fallsview
6740 Fallsview Blvd.
Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3W6

Table Rock Complex

You can get close to the Niagara Falls. We taped from the terrace, when we showed it our friends, they were surprised how close we could get. This is free.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on July 25, 2004

Table Rock Complex
Niagara Parkway
Niagara Falls, Ontario

Journey Behind the Falls Photo, Niagara Falls, Ontario
You look behind the Canadian side of the falls from the holes in the tunnel, which were made in 1889. This is 150 feet long. You will go down by the elevator from inside of the table rock complex. They will give you a poncho. This is disposable and you can take it home as a souvenir. We brought the baby and stroller, and we were asked to leave the stroller before getting into the elevators, so my husband had to carry him. I wish I knew so that we could have brought Baby Bjorn with us.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on August 1, 2004