Cheyenne Journals

Such an honor to be the first

A travel journal to Cheyenne by Gwrecker

Quote: I was born in Cheyenne and lived there for 13 years growing up. I go back and visit as often as possible. Being the capital of Wyoming, I was surprised to see that no one has created a journal for it. I'll do my best to represent it well.

Such an honor to be the first

I know that Wyoming is the least populated state in the US, but Cheyenne is the capital and should have at least one entry. Wyoming has a population of about a half million, and over 53,000 live in Cheyenne. I know what some of you are thinking, and no, we didn't count the cattle. F.E. Warren Air Force base is located in the city. Cheyenne is a peaceful, quiet place to live and play.

The best way to get around is by car. There is not a major airport in the city and few trains come into it, so the need to have a massive public transportation system is not necessary. I think most people drive there anyway.

Frontier Mall

Cheyenne is far from a one-horse town, but it is a one-mall town. The Frontier Mall is the only mall in town. Not that there is a need for another one, but it would be interesting. The favorite hang-out for the local teens, you'll see several loitering around the fast food resturants, arcade, and movie theatre.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on June 30, 2004

Frontier Mall
1400 Dell Range Boulevard
Cheyenne, Wyoming 82009

Frontier Days

Attraction | "Frontier Days - Last week in July"

Cheyenne Frontier Days There is really only one time that Cheyenne is busy and tourism is booming. Cheyenne Frontier Days is the largest outdoor rodeo in the world. It is on the last full week of July every year. This year (2004) will be the 108th "Daddy of 'Em All." Every day, there are rodeo events during the day. At night, some of the biggest country/western acts come out to entertain. The children can roam around the fairgrounds, riding the rides, winning prizes at the side booths, and eating various foods. You'll find hot dogs, corn dogs, burgers, giant turkey legs, and so much more. There is also an exhibition hall with hundreds of different ...Read More

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on June 30, 2004

Frontier Days
Frontier Park
Cheyenne, Wyoming

1 Little Fib

Story/Tip

When asked, I marked that I lived here. I was born in Cheyenne and spent 13 childhood years growing up there. My family moved to Colorado later, but I feel I can give a little insight on the city. I visit Cheyenne as often as possible, mostly to see family and friends.

About the Writer