Lake Tahoe Journals

Tahoe Fun!

A February 2003 trip to Lake Tahoe by jkpike

Sierra at Tahoe Photo, Lake Tahoe, California More Photos
Quote: Great vacation spot for families!
Very nice, awesome location. The restaurant downstairs was great to get a warm breakfast and watch the mountain at Heavenly as the runs opened! Great service, nice rooms, although a bit tight. This place is about it's location and a good place to stay, but they dont give you much room. A one bedroom fits 2 people nicely; I wouldn't put much more than that in a room unless you upgrade to a bigger chalet.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on June 26, 2004

3901 Saddle Rd
South Lake Tahoe, California 96157
530-541-6700

Hotel | "Tahoe Seasons"

Best Things Nearby:Heavenly Ski ResortBest Things About the Resort:Location! You can watch the chairlifts open as you dine in the restaurant for breakfast.Resort Experience:This is a wonderful place to stay, literally right across the street from the California base of Heavenly Ski resort. The accommodations are nice, but the rooms are a bit tight. This place has a nice feel for a warm, comfortable ski condo. Unit Type: 1 Bedroom Activities: Fair Amenities: Good Unit Satisfaction: Fair Family Fri...Read More

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on June 26, 2004

3901 Saddle Rd
South Lake Tahoe, California 96157
530-541-6700

Harrah's American River Cafe

Restaurant | "Harrah's Forest Buffet"

The food was fair, but nowhere near what it should have been for the price. I would recommend finding a cheaper restaurant and using the money you saved for the casinos. We waited over an hour to get into this place, as it was first come first serve to be seated. Seriously, there are lots of better places to eat in Tahoe than this buffet.

Member Rating 1 out of 5 on June 26, 2004

Harrah's American River Cafe
US 50 & the California Line
Lake Tahoe, California
(800) HARRAHS

Sato Japanese Restaurant

Restaurant | "Sato Sushi"

I am an avid sushi fan and was craving some good sushi while in Lake Tahoe. My family doesn't typically dine at sushi restuarants, so I picked up some sushi to-go from this restuarant. The prices were average for sushi, and the food was nothing better than average as well. My biggest complaint was that my sushi and rolls were cold, normally good sushi is room temperature or slightly warm from the rice. Stick with the local foods and cuisines, save your craving for a good sushi place in your hometown that you are familiar with. It was a fair meal at best.

Member Rating 1 out of 5 on July 2, 2004

Sato Japanese Restaurant
50 Hwy. 50
Lake Tahoe, California
(775) 588-1914

Sierra at Tahoe

Attraction | "Childrens Ski lessons at Sierra-at-Tahoe"

Sierra at Tahoe Photo, Lake Tahoe, California
This was a fantastic experience for my daughter! She was 3 years old and skiied for the first time. The instructor was absolutely wonderful and very, very personable. We actually went back to this resort the next day just to put my daughter with that teacher again! We have since then skiied at many, many locations while my daughter has been in lessons (Steamboat Springs, Vail, Beaver Creek, Heavenly) and none of them have come close to the great experience we had at Sierra at Tahoe. Great ski school!

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on June 26, 2004