Sedona Journals

Way Out West

A September 1999 trip to Sedona by Gnipgnop

Quote: In my opinion, Sedona AZ is one of the most beautiful places in the United States. I couldn't believe my eyes as we approached the city and saw the "red rocks" in the distance. They are like red mountains that glow against the bluest sky I have ever seen.

Way Out West

Taking a Pink Jeep Tour is loads of fun. Go at dusk and watch the sun set. Hike in Oak Creek Canyon, visit Slide Rock State Park, and most of all, don't miss seeing the Grand Canyon-breathtaking-you must see it to believe it.

Renting a car is a good idea. Although at the Arroyo Roble, you can walk to Old Town Sedona, where there are shops and restaurants. But to really see it all, rent a car.

Arroyo Roble

Hotel | "Arroyo Roble Resort"

This resort offered everything I expected from a Gold Crown Resort. The rooms were spacious with a gas fireplace in the living room and another one in the master bedroom. The bath was nicer than the one I left back home, with a Jacuzzi, a clear glass shower large enough for two (yaaahh), and a double-bowl sink, all done in desert tones. What a wonderful retreat after sightseeing all day. The kitchen was full of all the necessities of home; the beds were so comfortable (with a king-size in the master bedroom and twin beds in the second bedroom); and the place was spotlessly clean, decorated in beautiful soft blue and mauve tones. Just outside of the living room area was a patio with a table and ch...Read More

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on November 4, 2004